No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Wins… And So Does Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Wins… And So Does Erik Morales

By Jake Donovan - When all was said and done, the old veteran’s fighting heart wasn’t enough to overcome the young lion’s relentless pressure. But it was certainly more than enough to make things far more interesting than most expected to be the case.

Marcos Maidana remains in the junior welterweight hunt, though was given the fight of his life by legendary former three-division champion Erik Morales. Maidana managed to escape with a hard-fought majority decision on Saturday evening at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Scores were 114-114 even, and 116-112 (twice) for Maidana.

The first several rounds supported the odds as well as the concern that Morales was insane for demanding this fight. Maidana was ruthless from the opening bell, landing repeatedly upstairs and causing Morales’ eye to rapidly swell shut.

It wasn’t about to get any easier for Morales, though he wisely chose to ride out Maidana’s attack rather than attempt to go toe-to-toe and hope to come out ahead. Maidana was banking the early rounds, but Morales was positioning himself to become a threat as the fight wore on.

The first signs of that strategy paying off first surfaced in the fifth round. Right hands repeatedly found a home on Maidana’s chin, at one point wobbling the Argentinean. However, the round ended saw the action revert to form, with Maidana punishing the proud warrior and forcing his corner to work overtime to tend to multiple wounds.

Maidana rode that momentum into a brutal sixth round, highlighted by a flush right hand that forced Morales to lean back and steady himself while along the ropes. With his right eye swollen shut and gas tank beginning to dry out, Morales was heading to that point in the fight – and career- where concern for his health was in order. [Click Here To Read More]

Morales won that fight. The judges weren't ****. Erik was landing most of the clean effective shots and rocked Maidana quite a few times. Maidanna was aggressive but not effectively. He got played by Morales the whole night. Erik blocked and rode most of the shots, waited his turn and unloaded efffectively.
    In a rematch he would probably K.O Maidanna. He almost did on more then one occasion that night. He ****ed up by taking the 11th and 12th round off.

Comment

I was a great night oF boxing well worth the money . I thought Maidanna won on the cards but really there were no losers , fighters or fans ..... thks OSCAR !

Comment

i believed morales won that fight...i have it 7rounds to five in morales' favor...

a good fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobnweave View Post
          Morales won that fight. The judges weren't ****. Erik was landing most of the clean effective shots and rocked Maidana quite a few times. Maidanna was aggressive but not effectively. He got played by Morales the whole night. Erik blocked and rode most of the shots, waited his turn and unloaded efffectively.
          In a rematch he would probably K.O Maidanna. He almost did on more then one occasion that night. He ****ed up by taking the 11th and 12th round off.
          I disagree that Morales took off the final two rounds. He had nothing left in him at that point. He did virtually nothing in the 11th, and was outworked in the 12th. He gave a valiant effort last night.

Comment

okay so wheres all the experts that said Morales was gonna get creamed? .......SILENCE thats what i hear....must be chewing on that "barbeque crow"........silly lil goobers kids, spoke out of turn , once again.

Comment

Morales is a god,nothing less!!!!

I told you yesterday;the article of experts is bull****...they said bull****s on MARTINEZ-DZINZIRUK talking about a decision in favor of MARTINEZ and they said another bull****s talking about MAIDANA victory by KO over MORALES,i'm not an expert like them(no one ask my thought)but i wrote that MARTINEZ should have win by KO and MORALES couldn't lose by KO because MAIDANA becomes slower during the fight early and he has no stamina....WATCH THE FIGHT,please put the articles of experts predictions in the garbage;MORALES IS IN MY TOP 4 MEXICANS EVER!!!ERIK IS THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE BEAT MANNY AT HIS BEST,JMM can continue to cry......

Comment

Maidana DIDN'T Struggle. One Drunk Judge And A Nasty Right Eye For Morales!

114-114..... Stupid! The other two got it right. Personally, I thought Morales fought above the rim, trying to save his life in there. I'm impressed the former three time great lasted 12 rounds, but fear is a great motivator and that's how Morales finished. Had he fought Marquez, he wouldn't have looked as good, not because Marquez is better, but the fear factor is greater with a young stronger, bigger warrior like Maidana as opposed to a smaller older past his prime Marquez.

Comment

I had Morales winning the fight by 1 point at the end based on cleaner punches landing and slipping most of what Maidana was throwing. He did gas out at the end and Maidana is lucky Morales fought the entire fight with a busted eye because i'm sure Morales would of slipped even more punches and landed more. Great fight overall not hating on Maidana but his stock just went down while the Morales went up by alot! I won 400 dollars last night against some friends they said Morales would not make the final bell and i said he would. Again shows that these "so called experts" no **** about boxing. Its the theater of the unexpected and after all these years people don't understand that concept.

Comment

maidana won the fight, but loss his killer reputation

morales loss the fight, but won the admiration of everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X