Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexander Vs Brook Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon has the faster hands, the better foot work, a better chin, and much more experience. He also has very underrated power. I don't see anything that Brook does better. Devon should win this fight easy. I know Brook has some good ko's, but so does Devon. Hell, he has some even better ones so don't sell me that BS.

Can everyone picking Brook tell me why? In Kell's toughest fight so far he went life and death with Carson Jones. CARSON JONES! Devon has beat guys levels above him.

Sure, Brook is an undefeated guy, but what has he shown that shows he can compete with a guy on Devon's level? I know he gets a lot of crap on here, but he took some bombs from Bailey that didn't even faze him and he took Maidana to the cleaners. Give the man some credit.
    Last edited by turkas; 12-29-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Maybe so, but KOing any pro fighter with a single left jab is still very rare.
      You must not watch a lot of pro boxing. There are some complete bums out there just fighting for a paycheck. There is a reason most top pros win there early fights by ko, and that's because they fight complete bums early on.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
        Devon has the faster hands, the better foot work, a better chin, and much more experience. He also has very underrated power. I don't see anything that Brook does better. Devon should win this fight easy. I know Brook has some good ko's, but so does Devon. Hell, he has some even better ones so don't sell me that BS.

Can everyone picking Brook tell me why? In Kell's toughest fight so far he went life and death with Carson Jones. CARSON JONES! Devon has beat guys levels above him.

Sure, Brook is an undefeated guy, but what has he shown that shows he can compete with a guy on Devon's level? I know he gets a lot of crap on here, but he took some bombs from Bailey that didn't even faze him and he took Maidana to the cleaners. Give the man some credit.
        Like I said earlier I'm not sold on either of them being great. The jones fight I believe was a wake up call to brook. If he's living the boxers lifestyle and is working on his conditioning he has alot of room for improvement. I admit I haven't bothered to watch Alexander after the Bradley fight. I just believe that that is alexanders mentality. I don't think he can get much better than he is and sooner or later he's going ***** out again when things get really hard. Plus baily hardly through a punch let alone a combo so I don't think that fight is a good guide to his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Knibbsy1 View Post
          Like I said earlier I'm not sold on either of them being great. The jones fight I believe was a wake up call to brook. If he's living the boxers lifestyle and is working on his conditioning he has alot of room for improvement. I admit I haven't bothered to watch Alexander after the Bradley fight. I just believe that that is alexanders mentality. I don't think he can get much better than he is and sooner or later he's going ***** out again when things get really hard. Plus baily hardly through a punch let alone a combo so I don't think that fight is a good guide to his chin.
          Bailey did land some big shots in that fight that didn't seem to faze Devon at all, but it's not just that fight he can take a punch. Hell, besides that flash knock down from Lucas he's never really been hurt or dropped in the ring.

What people seem to forget about Devon is he is still young. Hell, he's younger than Brook. I think he has and still can improve a lot in his career. And as for the Bradley fight, yeah it was bad, I will be the first to admit that. But he has been in some fights since then and was even in a tough one that could have broken a lot of guys without heart (his fight with Lucas). I honestly think he has learned from the Bradley incident and will continue to do so. He has shown any mental weakness before or since so it's not out of the question to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Well I'm not gonna lie and say I've seen much of either fighter. But i think Devon is gonna win, he's gonna frustrate Brook the way he did Maidana. He's gonna clinch a ton. It's gonna be a boring fight. Hopefully Brook wins though cause I wanna see him fight Khan.

Comment

Devon gonna smack Brook up and im gonna laugh.....

Comment

If it's a close fight (which it probably will be) the judges are going with Alexander, even if Brook just edges it. I doubt Brook gets the decision in a close fight. He'll have to drop Alexander a few times to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  If it's a close fight (which it probably will be) the judges are going with Alexander, even if Brook just edges it. I doubt Brook gets the decision in a close fight. He'll have to drop Alexander a few times to win it.
                  Matthysse and Kotelnyk can attest to this.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                    Matthysse and Kotelnyk can attest to this.
                    This fight is going to be in Detroit though, which is a very neutral venue seeing as it is not St. Louis and a lot of Brits won't be coming across the pond to attend a fight in the motor city.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                      This fight is going to be in Detroit though, which is a very neutral venue seeing as it is not St. Louis and a lot of Brits won't be coming across the pond to attend a fight in the motor city.
                      Hopefully they get completely neutral judges too.

Comment

Working...
                      X