No announcement yet.

Whats Top Ranks plan for Mike Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Top Ranks plan for Mike Jones

I love Mike Jones, hes a local fighter and very exciting but Im sick of TR putting him on the shelf for so long. He isnt that young he is 29 and still hasnt had a big step up in competition.

Im thinking maybe he fights Tim Bradley if Tim loses to Manny. I really doubt he gets a Manny fight, although it wouldnt shock me as Bob Arum is a bit of an idiot. But there arent many options out there.

He's about to fight for the IBF title on the Pac vs Bradley undercard, so I would have to imagine his career is finally about to enter the HBO WBC/BAD phase pretty soon. Win or lose, I could see Bradley vs Jones, or Jones vs a number of WW who will be trying to snatch his newfound title now that the WW division is actually lively again.

Comment

Mike jones is very skilled and talented, but he aint exciting at all!!!

He is so boring that Paint watches him dry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
        He's about to fight for the IBF title on the Pac vs Bradley undercard, so I would have to imagine his career is finally about to enter the HBO WBC/BAD phase pretty soon. Win or lose, I could see Bradley vs Jones, or Jones vs a number of WW who will be trying to snatch his newfound title now that the WW division is actually lively again.
        I thought he was in that territory when he fought Soto-Karass twice on HBO undercards in pretty entertaining fights. There was always the hint that him and Kell Brook were going to eventually fight but that just kind of faded away. I just hope they finally give him a big fight after this Bailey fight (assuming he wins).

Comment

isnt he going to be fighting randall bailey?

Comment

he is a boring fighter, hence the reason no 1 cares about him.

Comment

He seems like he's being brought along at the right pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I thought he was in that territory when he fought Soto-Karass twice on HBO undercards in pretty entertaining fights. There was always the hint that him and Kell Brook were going to eventually fight but that just kind of faded away. I just hope they finally give him a big fight after this Bailey fight (assuming he wins).
                People %hit on belts all the time, but at the end of the day, belts matter(The real ones anyway). Look at the offers Paulie's getting now. It'll be the same with Jones. And I think Kell's being a beezy. He needs to understand that if he's going to break in to the upper echelon of boxing it's him who needs to make the sacrifices to fight more established North America based fighters, not the other way around. If the dude wants to pass over the likes of Alexander and Jones to fight D list fighters in Sheffield he can, but people need to stop pretending that #hit's okay.

Comment

im more interested in brad solomon. what happened to him? he backed out the senchenko fight and has dissapeared.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                    he is a boring fighter, hence the reason no 1 cares about him.
                    Really have you seen any of his fights?

He usually tries to close the show in all of his fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X