Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Katsidis get no love in Australia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Katsidis get no love in Australia?

It seems to me that you guys don't like this guy. I see bums like Mundine and Green get hyped like crazy and sell out arenas no problem.

I just watched Katsidis vs Lozada and they place was nearly empty, there must have been around 200 people there. This is a total disgrace, especially when i see bums like Danny Green sell out arenas.

Can someone explain this to me? I honestly don't get it? You guys should be proud to have a warrior like this representing your country. Katsidis is very well liked in Britain and i am truely looking forward to watching him live in November 5th.

Anyone that actually follows boxing loves him, its just i think what you don't understand is how small a minority actually follow the sport in Australia. Also the fact he's greek descent may also have an effect on his media exposure (this is just a speculative guess, tbh i couldn't care less as im half greek myself). Same goes with darchinyan while green and mundine are all out Australian.. stupid really since they aren't half the boxers kats is.

Comment

Boxing in Australia is a minority sport aside from the storylines. To sell fights in Australia you really need some drama to attach yourself to. Obviously Mundine has his personality and his conversion from League and Danny basically has, well, Mundine.

People's interest in boxing in this country is really very limited. It is already a highly competitive sports market and the sport doesn't help itself either. That is pretty much the reason why our best fighters like Kats and Vic just don't get the exposure and subsequently support that their achievements warrant.

Comment

It just makes me sick to see the support people like Danny Green get and a true warrior like Katsidis fights in a small empty venue.

Katsidis should sign with a British promoter like Frank Warren. He would sell out arenas over here. He is very well liked over here, he is known as the guy that beats our hype jobs senseless lol.

Comment

Michael Katsidis is a true warrior. He fights like the legendary Greek men of the past a modern Spartan in today's age.

He fights like a Mexican, destroys U.K. hype jobs, and an overall entertaining boxer to watch.

Comment

Kats is a sucha legend

Comment

Dunno about the Aussies, but he should get plenty of love in the UK this time hopefully - at least from me and the bezzie (still loyal, us 2). So we're seeing him live again, ringside at Wembley. Might even get on the telly. :thumbs1:
              Last edited by PittyPat; 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Dunno about the Aussies, but he should get plenty of love in the UK this time hopefully - at least from me and the bezzie (still loyal, us 2). So we're seeing him live again, ringside at Wembley. Might even get on the telly. :thumbs1:
                I'm going as well! Not ringside seats but still pretty good seats. When i heard Kats was fighting there i just had to go!

I heard they have sold 8 thousand tickets already.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
                  I'm going as well! Not ringside seats but still pretty good seats. When i heard Kats was fighting there i just had to go!

I heard they have sold 8 thousand tickets already.
                  Sounds like a good turnout. I'm going to make sure he sees my huge Aussie flag before he steps into the ring - at least he'll know someone in the house is rootin' for him. :box2: And when he wins, during the post-fight interview, me and the mate will try and get close so we can shout "WE LOVE YA KATS!!!!!!" on live telly. :woot1:

Getting a photo with him is priority, especially since we literally just missed him last time at Upton Park.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                    Sounds like a good turnout. I'm going to make sure he sees my huge Aussie flag before he steps into the ring - at least he'll know someone in the house is rootin' for him. :box2: And when he wins, during the post-fight interview, me and the mate will try and get close so we can shout "WE LOVE YA KATS!!!!!!" on live telly. :woot1:

Getting a photo with him is priority, especially since we literally just missed him last time at Upton Park.
                    Yeah i would love to get a picture with Kats. I will try and go to the weigh in, i might have some luck there.

Comment

Working...
                    X