Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez ranked above Ward p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Martinez ranked above Ward p4p?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Sure he won titles in 2 divisions but outside of Pavlik and Williams there are no marquee names on his resume and both of those guys got 'exposed' if you will in other fights too.

Ward's dominance of Kessler ranks way above any of Martinez's wins, then you have to add the other champions Ward has beat like Froch and Abraham.

Neither of them have great resumes especially since Ward only just made it big but Ward is clearly the superior fighter with the best win of the two.

More than likely because of the way he wins

Comment

I was gonna make this same thread.

Personally I think Ward belongs at the top of the P4P list

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
        Just doesn't make sense to me.

Sure he won titles in 2 divisions but outside of Pavlik and Williams there are no marquee names on his resume and both of those guys got 'exposed' if you will in other fights too.

Ward's dominance of Kessler ranks way above any of Martinez's wins, then you have to add the other champions Ward has beat like Froch and Abraham.

Neither of them have great resumes especially since Ward only just made it big but Ward is clearly the superior fighter with the best win of the two.
        It's because he gets some flashy KO's and his high risk style of fighting with his hands down. Ward is a great fighter, better than Martinez, but he is fairly boring and his style isn't fan pleasing.

Comment

I agree. Martinez is too high IMO, and Ward deserves to be higher than him.

He's only ranked so high because of how impressively he beat Williams.

And while that was a very good win, it doesnt merit such a high placement in the P4P.

Comment

because he's the better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by DreamVillain View Post
              I agree. Martinez is too high IMO, and Ward deserves to be higher than him.

He's only ranked so high because of how impressively he beat Williams.

And while that was a very good win, it doesnt merit such a high placement in the P4P.
              Man, williams had never been laid out like that, iron chin with tons of heart, you make it sound as if he just went the distance with PW.

But i do like to watch Ward, i like his style believe it or not, the only one that can pull that style off and keep me entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
                Man, williams had never been laid out like that, iron chin with tons of heart, you make it sound as if he just went the distance with PW.

But i do like to watch Ward, i like his style believe it or not, the only one that can pull that style off and keep me entertained.
                Yeah, my bad.

It was a GREAT win actually.

Comment

i agree.. altho i think his win over pwill is better than anything ward has done, ward just beat a lot more good fighters...

Comment

he shouldn't be especially after the year Ward had and is currently the reigning Fighter Of The Year, not really sure if Martinez or Donaire should be higher then him, their last few fights have been against Average fighters while Ward just spent the last few years taking on the very BEST in his division

Comment

Working...
                    X