Most skilled of the Fabulous Four?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roberto Duran.

Comment

I think Hearns was the most skilled the jab and straight.

Comment

Duran most complete, SRL fastest, Hagler the most tenacious and hearns the best puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
          These guys are pretty well rounded, but who was the most technically skilled out of Duran, Leonard, Hearns and Hagler? If you take away their gifts (ex: Leonard's speed, Hagler's chin etc) who would be the most successful?
          Apart from his punching power I have no doubt at all that its Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagabilly

These guys are pretty well rounded, but who was the most technically skilled out of Duran, Leonard, Hearns and Hagler? If you take away their gifts (ex: Leonard's speed, Hagler's chin etc) who would be the most successful?

Apart from his punching power I have no doubt at all that its Leonard.
            Leonard had great power.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

yeah, duran...

it was even more obvious when he was already out of his prime and out of his optimum fighting weight...

in terms of technical skill and just about being a wily old fighter... id take him...

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Leonard had great power.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                I cant say he couldnt hit hard, but I doubt he hit as hard as Hagler and certainly not in Hearns's power class.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  I cant say he couldnt hit hard, but I doubt he hit as hard as Hagler and certainly not in Hearns's power class.
                  It's not fair to compare someone's power to Hearns' unless their name is George Foreman or Julian Jackson (and a few more). That's a whole new category for the extra-special punchers. The kind where you wonder why they didn't leave their opponents splattered all over the ringside seats.

Hagler was probably more heavy-handed, but he was a natural MW (I'd say he was the epitome of one) I think Leonard had quite a lot more snap to his punches though. For a welterweight he could certainly do the job.

Also, how rude of me, welcome back to the history section McGoorty!

Comment

1.Hagler 2.Leonard 3.Hearns 4.Duran just my opinion and personal preference,hagler gave duran a boxing lesson i understand duran moved up in weight so it wasnt duran near his best,leonard made duran quit duran says he had bad stomach! from eating steak on the day of fight,and tommy hearns sparked duran with 1 of the best sneaky over hand rights in the history of the sport,hagler for me stands out above them all because he could do everything box brawl inside outside orthodox southpaw it didnt matter with hagler who you were or what you had he could answer everthing and on top of everything the man had a granite chin almost unstoppable,all 4 i think are no.1 in there own way all of them had something truly special and were great world champions,its hard to say whos best but my personal favorite is hagler out of the 4.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFit View Post
                      1.Hagler 2.Leonard 3.Hearns 4.Duran just my opinion and personal preference,hagler gave duran a boxing lesson i understand duran moved up in weight so it wasnt duran near his best,leonard made duran quit duran says he had bad stomach! from eating steak on the day of fight,and tommy hearns sparked duran with 1 of the best sneaky over hand rights in the history of the sport,hagler for me stands out above them all because he could do everything box brawl inside outside orthodox southpaw it didnt matter with hagler who you were or what you had he could answer everthing and on top of everything the man had a granite chin almost unstoppable,all 4 i think are no.1 in there own way all of them had something truly special and were great world champions,its hard to say whos best but my personal favorite is hagler out of the 4.
                      naaah...

i think hagler became a "better" fighter after that fight... the dude learned more from duran than duran learned from him...

Comment

Working...
                      X