• Show
Clear All

• Ron Lyle Vs Cleveland Williams

Jerry Quarry vs Henry Cooper

What do you think? both fights who's the winners

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Jerry Quarry vs Henry Cooper

What do you think? both fights who's the winners
    Williams - Lyle is pick 'em, Quarry - Cooper is Quarry all the way.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Williams - Lyle is pick 'em, Quarry - Cooper is Quarry all the way.

Poet
      Agree 100%. Quarry would bust up Cooper bigtime.

Comment

I think Lyle swamps Williams and gets a KO, never really rated Big Cat....

Quarry destroys Cooper

Comment

big cat hit HELLA hard. Might not have had the best chin, but either did Lyle.

Cooper in an underated boxer I would not be so quick to write him off. His jab was clean and sharp.

Comment

Williams has the slight advantage in power, Lyle the slight advantage in durability. Lyle was a bit faster, more skilled with better basic fundamentals and better stamina.

In an all out war with small advantages in chin and power canceling each other out. Lyle has the intangibles and other advantages that give him the edge in a fan friendly fight.

Lyle KO 5 Williams.

Cooper hit harder and had a better jab, but quarry was faster, had better defense and was game himself. I think Jerry has the tools to dominate Ol Enry at both their peaks. Quarry was just such a fluid versatile guy that he can beat. Most contenders and even some champions. Quarry wide UD 15 or 12.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
              Williams has the slight advantage in power, Lyle the slight advantage in durability. Lyle was a bit faster, more skilled with better basic fundamentals and better stamina.

In an all out war with small advantages in chin and power canceling each other out. Lyle has the intangibles and other advantages that give him the edge in a fan friendly fight.

Lyle KO 5 Williams.

Cooper hit harder and had a better jab, but quarry was faster, had better defense and was game himself. I think Jerry has the tools to dominate Ol Enry at both their peaks. Quarry was just such a fluid versatile guy that he can beat. Most contenders and even some champions. Quarry wide UD 15 or 12.
              I'd give Williams the speed advantage over Lyle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                I'd give Williams the speed advantage over Lyle.

supremely gifted athlete

still leaning with toward lyle

kayo in five, six, maybe seven rounds

quarry via corner // doctor stoppage today
                or via old fashioned beatdown if it happened 50 years ago

for the purposes of the discussion this was the only tale of the tape i could find for williams on short notice
                Last edited by New England; 02-14-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  supremely gifted athlete

still leaning with toward lyle

kayo in five, six, maybe seven rounds

quarry via corner // doctor stoppage today
                  or via old fashioned beatdown if it happened 50 years ago

for the purposes of the discussion this was the only tale of the tape i could find for williams on short notice
                  that tale of the tape is wrong. Williams is 6'4 minimum 6'3. I mean look at him vs Ali. Foreman also said Williams was one of the hardest hitters he ever faced, as did Ali. That and just about everyone knows Ali's reach was 80.

Comment

Never seen to many sonny fights but from watching that I didn't know he was able to impose his will so well and get to where he need to be.

But from that I don't see this all time great jab I see a jab that was excellent for getting him in to range and platoon but not so much for scoring or damage
                    Like a Holmes or Ali jab but I've not seen all of sonny and there are different ways to to label a all time great jab so idk

Comment

Working...
                    X