No announcement yet.

Lack of members.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of members.

Recently the history section has suffered a lack of members, the place seems dead with a post per day rate that I can count on 1 hand.
    I don't know how we are going to solve this but, I have a few suggestions which could help the situation

- Anyone who has not registered, has an account and doesn't post. Start posting! If you enjoy talking about the support and co-ordinate yourself reasonably there's no reason not to post..

- Original members make more threads, make threads about anything. Lets just get some discussion going. An uninteresting topic can usually get hijacked and become interesting.

- Ask questions! If you're unsure of something or want an opinion, ask! That'll get some discussion going and up the activity.

Also if anyone from outside the history section wants to learn a bit then as long as I said earlier you don't act unreasonably then don't feel unwelcome here. If anyone has any ideas of the reasons for a lack of activity please post them here.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Recently the history section has suffered a lack of members, the place seems dead with a post per day rate that I can count on 1 hand.
    I don't know how we are going to solve this but, I have a few suggestions which could help the situation

- Anyone who has not registered, has an account and doesn't post. Start posting! If you enjoy talking about the support and co-ordinate yourself reasonably there's no reason not to post..

- Original members make more threads, make threads about anything. Lets just get some discussion going. An uninteresting topic can usually get hijacked and become interesting.

- Ask questions! If you're unsure of something or want an opinion, ask! That'll get some discussion going and up the activity.

Also if anyone from outside the history section wants to learn a bit then as long as I said earlier you don't act unreasonably then don't feel unwelcome here. If anyone has any ideas of the reasons for a lack of activity please post them here.
    Gonna bump this. We need more action here. And hopefully someone won't now post that Jab, Joseph, and I drove everyone away with our wicked tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Gonna bump this. We need more action here. And hopefully someone won't now post that Jab, Joseph, and I drove everyone away with our wicked tactics.

It's coming.

Comment

I've been frequenting the NSB lately and i must say it's often more of a headache than it's worth

i'll try and make some threads myself

i've been wanting to release my top 15 for a long time now. i've just been waiting for the right time
        perhaps i'll put it together in the upcoming weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Here's one for some posters there ****y af like nobody wants to come in here trying to learn and get dawgged lol instead of bashing try teaching

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            It's coming.
            And it will be deleted just as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              Here's one for some posters there ****y af like nobody wants to come in here trying to learn and get dawgged lol instead of bashing try teaching
              Most of the people who get dogged are those with an agenda or the ones who clearly don't know what they're talking about but insist they're right. Most of the regulars here are pretty tolerant of open minded people. Jmo.

Comment

I love this section and I am reading the good articles since 3 or 4 years. But sometimes knowledge can be terrifying others. Its hard to start a conversation if your knowledge isn't nearly as deep as of some of you guys.

Another problem is the lack of english (my personal problem) and the use of humble wordchoices for a nice and grown-up conversation with respect.

Then their are people like poet, whose post and knowledge I like, but in all honesty, he doesn't want the opinion of none-historians and none regular posters here around sometimes. For me, even if I too like and love more the old greats, he bashes everybody who likes modern boxers more than the old ones. But I loved his big threads and have read every word and he deserves big props for the workinput.

This section looks too much like an elite-club and every elite guy lives a lonely life

I just hope all of you stick to your passion and I also do not want to see so many short threads with just 2 or 3 posts. Sometimes the good nice threads get lost by it.

Comment

Originally posted by 69Lover View Post
                  I love this section and I am reading the good articles since 3 or 4 years. But sometimes knowledge can be terrifying others. Its hard to start a conversation if your knowledge isn't nearly as deep as of some of you guys.

Another problem is the lack of english (my personal problem) and the use of humble wordchoices for a nice and grown-up conversation with respect.

Then their are people like poet, whose post and knowledge I like, but in all honesty, he doesn't want the opinion of none-historians and none regular posters here around sometimes. For me, even if I too like and love more the old greats, he bashes everybody who likes modern boxers more than the old ones. But I loved his big threads and have read every word and he deserves big props for the workinput.

This section looks too much like an elite-club and every elite guy lives a lonely life

I just hope all of you stick to your passion and I also do not want to see so many short threads with just 2 or 3 posts. Sometimes the good nice threads get lost by it.
                  Thanks for your input, nice username choice!

Your English is also near perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Most of the people who get dogged are those with an agenda or the ones who clearly don't know what they're talking about but insist they're right. Most of the regulars here are pretty tolerant of open minded people. Jmo.
                    Open minded doesn't seem to be the case a lot I've seen people that post here or post at nsb and think that every old fighter or what not will kill or beat younger new age fighters or make cases why there not there good arguing with the history section can be like arguing with *****'s or *******s difference is people that post here nut hug a older generation because that's what y'all know best so that makes them not wanna post here because it's pointless to argue you don't learn anything you just argue if y'all know do much give good reason

Comment

Working...
                    X