No announcement yet.

I have to admit...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to admit...

Ali is my man all the way but I have to say, Joe's performance against him that night in 1971 was one of the single greatest showings EVER by a fighter...UNDETERRED NO MATTER WHAT that night...a performance for the ages...

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Ali is my man all the way but I have to say, Joe's performance against him that night in 1971 was one of the single greatest showings EVER by a fighter...UNDETERRED NO MATTER WHAT that night...a performance for the ages...
    Undeniable, Frasier looked amazing that night, Frasier was a great HW in a time of great HW and overall an often underrated fighter these days. May he R.I.P.

green k given.

Comment

Favorite HW of all time, it's his demeanor in the ring that I liked most, the fact that he didn't care whether he was landing cleanly or not as long as he was touching you.

Comment

Joe Frazier is such a huge part of what made so many of us fall in love with Boxing. Watching it still gives me chills. The title all time great is thrown around pretty loose these days. Next time you think of that think of Joe Frazier, the true personification of All Time Great. Perfect example is that fight with Ali. R.I.P. Champ.

Comment

Joe will and determination that night was one of the greatest exhibitions of it E-V-E-R...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            Joe will and determination that night was one of the greatest exhibitions of it E-V-E-R...
            Without a doubt.

People who have never fought get caught up in the measureables. A fighters power, his height, his reach, his chin.

Frazier's performance that night was proof positive that it is the intangible things like heart and determination that separate great fighters from very good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Without a doubt.

People who have never fought get caught up in the measureables. A fighters power, his height, his reach, his chin.

Frazier's performance that night was proof positive that it is the intangible things like heart and determination that separate great fighters from very good ones
              EGG-ZACT-LEE...great post, Hitman...

Comment

Yo Skully you going to the funeral?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  Yo Skully you going to the funeral?
                  funny u ask because just last night my friend and I, both of us HUGE ALI FANS, were talking about going...depends on where and especially on when...

Comment

August 2005 with Joe in his office at his gym in Philly, one of the greatest hours of my entire boxing career was spent that day talking to him about boxing, about raising kids, about life...

Comment

Working...
                    X