Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love to stir this pot up so tell me.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    People get mesmerised by the WW Sugar Ray Robinson but, tend to forget the MW version wasn't exactly unbeatable, especially facing ATG's such as Hagler or Monzon.
    True, I'd favor a few middleweights in the first meeting....

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
      Yeah I'd pick Mayweather over Arguello.
      Most say Arguello. And thats where it usually ends. What do we really think of Arguello is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Most say Arguello. And thats where it usually ends. What do we really think of Arguello is the question.

I would pick Mayweather over Arguello. But not Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Well if you pick Arguello then you're assuming that Arguello lands consistently on Floyd. I don't see it happening. I think Floyd takes away the jab and doesn't allow Arguello to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            True, I'd favor a few middleweights in the first meeting....
            Hagler and Monzon weren't exactly slouches in re-matches.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
              Well if you pick Arguello then you're assuming that Arguello lands consistently on Floyd. I don't see it happening. I think Floyd takes away the jab and doesn't allow Arguello to set up.
              When it comes to Arguello I sincerly believe people fell in love with the man he was and really dont analyze his boxing. I see Arguello as having above average power, a big heart and very little ability to adapt in the ring. A much greater man than a boxer. I guess thats why it doesnt hold much weight to pick a fighter as a favorite over him. Thats got to be the reason it rolls off peoples tongue so easily when it comes to Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
              X