No announcement yet.

a new journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new journal

I always said that having a personal journal helps to remeber and to keep a detail record of your progress. Therefore I've made the choice to share my training schedule here with everyone else.

Yesturday- Ran on the mill for 45mins. Plyometrics with medicine balls, stabilizer push ups, abs, obliques, more sprints, and more abs.

After I was getting ready for Muay Thai but I ahd to run to the hospital with one of the guys that got KO bad and was in bad shape.

I will post more todaoy later.

Last night I trained legs and cardio. 1/2 way squats, lunges, step ups, takedown explosion drills, more running, calf raises, lots of streaching, and shin extensions. Then some cardio and explosion drills huging the heavy bag and drilling lateral drops and suplexes, double legs and running with the bag, rope work and climbing the rope 3 times. (you got to see the rope we climb)

At night we had our standard Judo and BJJ class. We drill Osaeokomi and a 1/2 sweep. Trained with everyone in the room for 3 minutes non stop. That totaled about 42 minutes of straight rolling.

Yes I'm sore as hell but I know the soreness will go away!!!

More tonight or tomorrow!

Comment

I'm so gonna kick your ass at Muay Thai.

Just kidding.

Comment

You might, however be ready to take a good right from me to be followed by a double leg and G&P!

Last night I did more cardio on the mill for 30 minutes, sprints and abs. I cut it short since I feel very sore and knowing my body I need the rest. Hey I'm old.

Today I worked back and biceps. First I did lateral rows, bicep curls, lateral flys, hammer curls, pull ups, rope climb, and pull ups pulling on a gi to work my grip.

I ran for 15 minutes at moderate speed and did more abs.

Tomorrow rest.

Comment

Sorry for not posting lately.

Yersturday I did more Plyometric work to build on power. Some timed weight training, medicine ball drills, jumps, ball throw push ups, and standard weitgh lifting.

At night we did some Judo (osaeokomi drills) and ground work from the full closed guard. Sparring for 40 minutes to include sparing with 2 guys from Japan that will be here for 2 weeks.

Comment

Yesturday I did triceps and shoulders. tricep curls sitting on the air ball, push ups holding the small medicine ball, dips on the bench holding the medicine ball,pull downs on the rubber bands and punching sequence with the bands.

At night I assisted to coach some of the guys in MMA and later I did some no gi training strickly submission oriented. (we call it Playing Chess)

Comment

Today in the AM we BJJ with Gi. Worked passing guard, rolled live for about 30 minutes. Right after b-fast. After that we did defensive Muay Thai drills. Deffence for knees, front kick, and head kick.
              Then mid-day snack and then cardio. Ran soft for 2 laps, hard fpr 1 lap, harder for 1 more lap. Then sprints and jump rope, then 2 more slow laps. Then ABS. V-ups, obliques, sidebends, crunches with medicine ball.

Comment

man, if i didn't have mornin class!!!!

Comment

Today no much training for me, I just found out that a very close friend of mine has Cancer and it is spreading very fast.

Comment

Weekend was ok, stayed active outdoors but no formal training.

Today back in the grind. 15 minutes of good streaching and then cardio plyometrics drill for explosive power. 1 minute stations:
                    1- side step takedowns attached to rubber straps
                    2- takedown drills still attached to bands with 6kg medicine ball
                    3- 8kg medicine ball throw on your knees with push up (Cobras)
                    4- active balance drills on soft mat
                    5- 5kg high medicine ball toss
                    6- 65lbs dumbell row
                    7- (Cobras)
                    8- Sprints

rest for 2 minutes and do it 4 times

Comment

Working...
                    X