Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1 ATG Genius in world History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to make a prediction: I think that Tesla will "win" this. Why? Because he's well loved by all of the dipshit counter-culture conspi****** nonces who think he invented a perpetual motion machine but it was covered up by Thomas Edison who stole his lightbulbs. For the record I quite like Tesla, he was an interesting character and David Bowie played him in The Prestige. But to rate him alongside Archimedes and Newton and Darwin?

Comment

The first person to use fire to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        Imhotep basically laid the foundation of Ancient Egypt for the next 2000 years which provided the blueprint for Ancient Greece and future advanced civilizations.

There is nothing in Da Vinci's coloring books that can compete with that. Leo was a man of many traits, a master of nothing!
        http://science.howstuffworks.com/inn...ons.htm#page=1

I think you should go to bed.

Comment

no philosophers... i really would've loved descartes, bertrand russell & ken wilber join the fray... yes toilet seats are important but rational thought and ideologies provides a backbone for almost all of human enterprise... military, economics etc...

no artists or musicians... the area of humanities are populated with great geniuses... music, films, literature and those paintings are important landmarks for us as a sentient, creative civilisation...

conquerors and politicians... its a double edged sword... on one hand, politics can settle disputes and all, but it can also be used for more nefarious motives... probably you are right for excluding this...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I'm going to make a prediction: I think that Tesla will "win" this. Why? Because he's well loved by all of the dipshit counter-culture conspi****** nonces who think he invented a perpetual motion machine but it was covered up by Thomas Edison who stole his lightbulbs. For the record I quite like Tesla, he was an interesting character and David Bowie played him in The Prestige. But to rate him alongside Archimedes and Newton and Darwin?
            great post...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              No Karl Friedrich Gauss or Stephen Hawkings or Andrew Wiles or Taerrence Tao or Rene Descartes or Pierre de Fermat or Leonhard Euler or Bertrand Russels or so many other names.
              I don't think Hawking belongs anywhere near the #1 spot, personally.

I am ultimately going to be biased to Physics so I'll probably just sit this one out.

JK, Albert Einstein or Issac Newton. From that list anyway. If pressed I'd go Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

I am ultimately going to be biased to Physics so I'll probably just sit this one out.

JK, Albert Einstein or Issac Newton. From that list anyway. If pressed I'd go Einstein.
                there was a video i watched some weeks ago where michio kaku said that even morsels from einstein's table win nobel prizes for latter day physicists... damn...

and i must say that kepler was one helluva genius... according to carl sagan aside from astronomy, he was one of the first to dabble in science fiction...

the dude had a zest for literature aside from his prowess in science... WTF...

Comment

I have my own biases and I say the greatest genius of all time is Karl Friedrich Gauss. Not many may have heard of him but that dude was one of a kind.

Regarded as one of the greatest scientific geniuses of all time, Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777-1855) made influential contributions to the study of electricity and magnetism, number theory, astronomy, differential geometry, and many other fields.

Special mentions would be Evariste Galois, Srinivasa Ramanujan and Kurt Kodel.

Newton and Leibniz wouldn't have discovered Calculus independently had it not been for the discoveries of Descartes and Fermat. As newton said, "If I have seen farther than the others, it is beacuse I was standing on the shoulders of giants."
                  Last edited by kadyo's; 01-21-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

The inventor of the microwave, that dude was straight up genius!:clap:

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Ditto................

Comment

Working...
                      X