Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me why Coldplay gets so much hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain to me why Coldplay gets so much hate?

I've honestly never understood all the hate they get. I mean yeah, a couple of there albums have been duds besides a few gems ( X & Y and Mylo Xyoloto) but all of their other albums have ranged from good to great.

Also yes, they obviously have been influenced by other bands ( Radiohead & U2 to be exact), but almost every Band has influences, so I don't understand why that would cause people to hate them so much.

They're obviously not as good as lesser known Bands, but I'd say they're the best "Pop" band in the world. If you go in listening to Coldplay expecting some experimental stuff then you'll obviously be dissapointed.

This song for example is one of my favorite songs. It almost always puts me in a good mood.

What do you guys think about them?

Don't look at this face and tell me he isn't on your "Top 5 people I'd most like to slap" list.

Comment

Coldplay are shit and they're dreary. It's like Radiohead released a concept album with the intention of producing the most boring adult oriented rock they could imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post

Don't look at this face and tell me he isn't on your "Top 5 people I'd most like to slap" list.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Coldplay are shit and they're dreary. It's like Radiohead released a concept album with the intention of producing the most boring adult oriented rock they could imagine.
          Their last two albums were pretty positive sounding.

I also think over the years they've moved away from "The Bends" sound that they had. That is a very valid criticism for the album Parachutes though, I like it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I adore "The Bends".

Comment

Where is he on your slap list, then?

Comment

They are a generic band and they get too much appreciation. Look, I'm gonna keep it real and say that England has produced a big portion of the great rock & roll groups that have ever existed. However, Coldplay is a British product in the wrong direction. What can I say? But, to be fair, I hate most music in popular culture. I have been getting into Classical & Jazz a lot more now. The masters come from hundreds of years ago and they come from Europe.

Comment

all the people that say they hate them are the same ones you see singing their song in the car when no one is looking....

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
                  Where is he on your slap list, then?
                  I don't know lol. His face does look annoying in that pic though I agree.

Comment

Because the lead singer is dumb enough to name his daughter "Apple."

And Coldplay is like Radiohead without creativity and original musical concepts.

A Rush of Blood to the Head was a pretty good album. Everything else they did was either too bland or just flat out sucked.

Comment

Working...
                    X