Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I hear you, but there's two sides of that coin. Maybe the injuries has provided Kessler's body with some much needed rest and maybe those hard fights of Froch is catching up on him?

I think Froch boxed his best against Kessler the first time around. He was somewhat lacklustre against Johnson and really wasn't (IMO) competitive against Ward. He did blow out Bute and that was a great performance.

Regardless. This is a pick'em fight. Venue might be decisive. I still gotta go with a Kessler KO, but hey. I'm a Kessler fan untill he goes down in flames. Froch is no. 2 on my list.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kessler won.

I do think Froch is a better fighter now though, he still had his 0 in the Kessler fight and was still arrogant and seemed to think he could just show up and walk through anyone.

I think most who are fans of either Froch or Kessler are fans of the other too though and have a lot of mutual respect, different styles and personalities but somewhat cut from the same cloth

Comment

I reckon it's close on the cards or late stoppage for Kessler.

Has the right idea about work Froch's body and that's what stopped him from coming into the fight late on. They'll definitely be doing more of the same in the rematch, maybe even more emphasis on it.

Comment

Two warriors, two great chins, both coming to fight. Going to be great and action packed.

I'm picking Froch as I don't see him losing a decision in the UK. And I imagine it will close on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Two warriors, two great chins, both coming to fight. Going to be great and action packed.

I'm picking Froch as I don't see him losing a decision in the UK. And I imagine it will close on the cards.
          agreed. I picked froch by KO. Ive liked what I've seen from him lately. He seems to be on a mission and doing what he can to get another crack at ward.

Comment

i favour froch in a rematch, regardless of where it's held. i think his performance in the first fight leaves more room for improvement, whereas i doubt kessler will be able to top his previous performance.

Comment

this is really just too close to call for me
              so i piked froch as i dont see him losing dec in uk

Comment

Prime Kessler beats Froch 9/10 times.

However I have to give Froch the edge in this one by a close UD.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  i favour froch in a rematch, regardless of where it's held. i think his performance in the first fight leaves more room for improvement, whereas i doubt kessler will be able to top his previous performance.
                  Well Kessler battled doublevision in their first fight. Thats the reason for his uncharacteristic unprecision. Now his vision is close to normal again and his accuracy tells the tale.

Comment

From what froch was saying at the weekend this has pretty much been agreed but it won't be in Nottingham. So, presumably that will mean the fight will either be at the MEN Arena Manchester or the O2 in London. If it's Manchester i'll defo be there! Although I'd probably make the trip to London for such a fight.

I see another close one, these two are nicely matched. I think if you're a neutral you should hope Froch wins as there is almost certainly going to be a 3rd fight if that happens. Potentially Kessler v Froch could be one of the great Trilogies of the modern era.

Comment

judging by their performances since they fought eachother, the slight edge should go to froch

he's kept improving and shows no noticeable signs of wear and tear while kessler seemed understandably rusty against green he hasnt looked like the man i picked to beat calzaghe and thought would top the super six...he is declining although subtly

Comment

Working...
                      X