Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had Marquez been given the win in the 2nd fight with Manny...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Marquez been given the win in the 2nd fight with Manny...

And Manny still went on to beat De la Hoya and Hatton the way he did afterwards---would you guys have given Floyd more credit for defeating Marquez?

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
    And Manny still went on to beat De la Hoya and Hatton the way he did afterwards---would you guys have given Floyd more credit for defeating Marquez?
    I understand it's a hypothetical, but DLH would not have fought Pacquiao if he lost the decision to JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
      Uh well if the judge scored the 1st fight correctly Manny woulda won and there wouldn't be a rematch and Marquez would be in obscurity behind Morales and MAB where he belongs and Floyd wouldn't have fought him.

Comment

Not at all. Pacquiao and whether he lost to Marquez or not is completely irrelevant to that fight.

Comment

decent comments---let's read some more--come on folks--what's your take on it?

Comment

no
            JMM hadn't proven he could fight at WW, or even JWW

Comment

Not unless Floyd dropped to LW.

Comment

This doesn't even make sense. Oscar only fought Pac because he was the P4P king. Marquez would've been #1 if he beat Pac so he'd be the one fighting Oscar. And Hatton was looking for the winner of ODH vs Pac, so either Marquez or Oscar would have fought Hatton afterwards.

Comment

I gave Marquez the decision and i still dont give Floyd much for beating him. The two things are not linked. Manny fought JMM at 130lbs....do you not understand that?

Comment

In my mind Marquez won that fight (and the first one) so I give Floyd the same amount of credit as I would have done if Marquez had rightly been given the official nod.

Before all you Floyd rimmers get all excited, I give Mayweather absolutely no credit for beating up a lightweight in a welterweight fight, especially as he came in over the agreed weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X