No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Not Pound for Pound…Champ For Champ 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flint View Post
    hey cliff rodent. floyd money mayweather is the elite p4p champion. bottom line.plus i remember those little sneaky racist comments you wrote in some of your articles.
    Your insinuations were as moronic and unfounded when you last imagined whatever nonsense it is you think you read.

And Floyd's a part time fighter with minimal interest in being a divisional champ anymore. No problem, but he's antithetical to what this is trying to discuss.
    Last edited by crold1; 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      There are some "P4P" guys in there. As to most defenses, I made a note of why John isn't there. When was the last time he faced a genuine top contender?
      I feel what your saying. I guess I am just finding it hard to figure out whether the list is a "best of the belt holders" list or a list of "the best belt holders with one defense or more". If the later is the case I would definitely have Donaire and Ward above Huck. As far as John goes, he did beat JMM, whether fair or not. He got the W like Bradley and if nothing else he was respectable in that fight. Plus something has to be said for longevity as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
        I feel what your saying. I guess I am just finding it hard to figure out whether the list is a "best of the belt holders" list or a list of "the best belt holders with one defense or more". If the later is the case I would definitely have Donaire and Ward above Huck. As far as John goes, he did beat JMM, whether fair or not. He got the W like Bradley and if nothing else he was respectable in that fight. Plus something has to be said for longevity as well.
        He beat Marquez like six or seven years ago. I'm trying to balance it out; who are the best divisional champions; who are the guys who best represent what a champ should be in the various divisions...that sort of thing.

John was on the 2009 and 10 lists: http://www.boxingscene.com/not-pound...mp-2011--44058

Dropped last year when Gamboa won a unification match first: http://www.boxingscene.com/not-pound...mp-2011--44058
        Last edited by crold1; 01-12-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Andre Ward

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Where's Floyd? lol
            Somewhere Safe, Checking out the Featherweights, for future opposition!!!

Comment

Great list, nice way of putting things. I think it's safe to ignore the predictable and erratic answers of those who have obviously not read the entire article, nor understood the concept.

Comment

If I had a do-over, I might have put Anselmo Moreno on here. Still love the skill level, and his reign at Bantamweight should have been mentioned. Might have blown that but his 2012 run didn't do much at 118. The best stuff at 118 has somewhat eluded him though...Tough call.

Next year.

Comment

man its right but i suppose that so smashing punch..

Comment

Hilarious !!! But so true.

Comment

Working...
                    X