No announcement yet.

Trout is almost a 2-1 betting underdog vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout is almost a 2-1 betting underdog vs Canelo

In my opinion, you're not going to get better odds in a big fight than this(+180) for a fighter who should be, at the least, even money against Alvarez. No one on Canelo's resume comes close to the big name on Trout's resume (Miguel Cotto). And the way he outboxed Cotto, who is alot like Canelo in many ways, is what sells me on the fact that he should win this fight 8-4, 9-3 in rds. If you have a brain, bet Austin Trout to win.

Any one else wanna share their unbiased opinion? I'm not a fan of either, but I like both. I just think the edge has to go to Austin.

Trout is getting KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
      In my opinion, you're not going to get better odds in a big fight than this(+180) for a fighter who should be, at the least, even money against Alvarez. No one on Canelo's resume comes close to the big name on Trout's resume (Miguel Cotto). And the way he outboxed Cotto, who is alot like Canelo in many ways, is what sells me on the fact that he should win this fight 8-4, 9-3 in rds. If you have a brain, bet Austin Trout to win.

Any one else wanna share their unbiased opinion? I'm not a fan of either, but I like both. I just think the edge has to go to Austin.
      while I think Alvarez should be slightly favored, I think that you're absolutely right. I will probably put money on this fight. A lot of Mexicans + casual fight fans drinking the GBP kool-Aid.

Comment

Yea but trout isnt "that" good. While Canelo hasnt faced as good opponents, trout didnt really look particularly good. I think a quick hard combo puncher like Canelo will def beat trout

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
          while I think Alvarez should be slightly favored, I think that you're absolutely right. I will probably put money on this fight. A lot of Mexicans + casual fight fans drinking the GBP kool-Aid.
          Ehhhh boxing odds are based on expert opinion. Canelo is basically a universal favorite for a reason

Comment

Lol i would bet on him but I'd get to pissed if I lost money. I think Trout can take it but it is kind of a toss up imo

Comment

He's worth a small bet just for the odds. Don't no-one put your house on it though!

Comment

I think Canelo will be too busy and fast for trout , trout is a fine fighter but don't think he's busy enough or has a good enough defense to beat Canelo, plus allot of times trout just does arm punches to score, that won't Intimidate Canelo.

Comment

Nah, I'm not saying Trout is a lock, by any stretch. But if you were to ask me the odds on this fight, i'd say maybe Alvarez should be -110, Trout at +110. Right now getting Trout at +180 is a STEAL. It's a pure case of a guy who's so far proven to be really good in Canelo, going up a guy who's also really good in Trout, who happens to have beaten a guy who just gave Mayweather his toughest fight in 7 years last summer. The signs are there that Trout is the livest dog you're gonna get in boxing all year. He's worth at least a lil bit of doe to try to double it up.

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                  He's worth a small bet just for the odds. Don't no-one put your house on it though!

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
                    Nah, I'm not saying Trout is a lock, by any stretch. But if you were to ask me the odds on this fight, i'd say maybe Alvarez should be -110, Trout at +110. Right now getting Trout at +180 is a STEAL. It's a pure case of a guy who's so far proven to be really good in Canelo, going up a guy who's also really good in Trout, who happens to have beaten a guy who just gave Mayweather his toughest fight in 7 years last summer. The signs are there that Trout is the livest dog you're gonna get in boxing all year. He's worth at least a lil bit of doe to try to double it up.

You're putting too much emphasis on "paper results". Style matchups are also very important. Canelo is clearly very skilled. Donaire has beaten much better fighters then Rigo but the odds are almost the same as in this fight, for Donaire tho. Trouts best bet is to catch canelo or have canelo gas IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X