Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs Fonfara January 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward can fight whoever the hell he wants in his first fight at 175. He's earned that.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
      Tune-ups are for fighters who are either making a comeback (injury or otherwise) to knock off the rust. Otherwise it's just...a fight

When you are considered amongst the best in the world, you should be fighting the best available fighter each and every time out. Now I understand Ward might fight a Pavlik or Chavez for financial reasons.

I'm sick of seeing guys get to the top, or get a paper belt and then do nothing. See Dmitri Pirog, Alexander Povetkin, Canelo.

I understand he's testing the waters in a new division, but like I said in my previous post, it could at least be against a top 10 fighter.
      All legit points, just to nitpick a little bit. Pirog came in as underdog to everybody's POTY Jacobs, HBO didn't even interview the winner, only the loser. Canelo was set up with journeyman Matt Hatton for the belt at a catchweight he didn't even make. Neither guy defended against anyone legit, but only Canelo had contenders lining up to fight him.

Comment

Working...
      X