Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Juan Manuel Marquez beat Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Juan Manuel Marquez beat Ricky Hatton?

Well, could he?

Style wise, yes. But he's just too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      Style wise, yes. But he's just too small.
      bull pacquiao is small too! JMM has the style why doesnt he just fight hatton or call out bigger man instead of calling out someone he knows he can beat by back peddling in pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
        bull pacquiao is small too! JMM has the style why doesnt he just fight hatton or call out bigger man instead of calling out someone he knows he can beat by back peddling in pacquiao
        Then again you don't win fights by backpeddling, they only score punching.

Comment

He has to get by Casamayor first and Casamayor is slightly bigger than him naturally.

Why not call out Pacquiao? He has legitimate cause for calling him out because a lot of fans thought he won both fights against him, even though I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Erbad View Post
            Then again you don't win fights by backpeddling, they only score punching.
            this is true
            no wonder jmm lost in the 2nd fight
            hatton might win then cause he will come forward while jmm will back out.
            JMM needs to fight more aggressive like when he fought that thai fighter and that filipino guy jimrex jaca...but when he fight pacquaio he backpeddles and waits to counter pacman he should just trade with pacquiao his fans are way faster then pacmans.

Comment

this is true
              no wonder jmm lost in the 2nd fight
              hatton might win then cause he will come forward while jmm will back out.
              JMM needs to fight more aggressive like when he fought that thai fighter and that filipino guy jimrex jaca...but when he fight pacquaio he backpeddles and waits to counter pacman he should just trade with pacquiao his fans are way faster then pacmans.
              Fighting aggressively against Jaca and Terdsak gets you exciting wins.

Fighting aggressively against Pacquiao gets you knocked out.

Comment

Hatton i would say is just too big for him.

If they were in the same weight division and about the same size he could no doubt.

Comment

I think at this point in the game I think Marquez could beat Hatton. He'd counter punch Hatton all night, especially with the left hook, Hatton's biggest nightmare. I don't know if he could knock Ricky out, I kind of doubt it really, but he could decision him easy I think....again at this point in the game.

Comment

i think you would see something similar to the cotto marg fight...and hatton would win but no doubt jmm is the better boxer!

Comment

Working...
                    X