No announcement yet.

Was Julio Cesar Chavez overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetScience
    My God, Chavez is ranked ahead of them. You know nothing about boxing kid, Hamed fans are a cancer.

*EDIT Didn't see my boy Leonard and Ali, those guys are on a different planet. The rest Chavez is better. I will start my Hamed underrated thread tomorrow. Peace
    I never said anything about Hamed being some great champion. I'm just saying his opponents weren't the best, although the same could be said of Larry Holmes and Carlos Monzon. Why is it everytime someone questions a mexican fighter like Chavez or Barrera, mexican people start going crazy? I was just making a thread because I didn't see Chavez in his prime and all of a sudden its like I spit on the Queen?

Comment

Chavez is overrated or underrated...depending on who you ask. Whitaker would have beat Chavez regardless of the time...Pea was just a horrible style matchup for him.

No one will ever again come close to matching his record...the way he hung in against Mel Taylor and managed to get the fortunate victory was insanely courageous on his part. I respect JCC very much.

Comment

Originally posted by asian_sensation
        I never said anything about Hamed being some great champion. I'm just saying his opponents weren't the best, although the same could be said of Larry Holmes and Carlos Monzon. Why is it everytime someone questions a mexican fighter like Chavez or Barrera, mexican people start going crazy? I was just making a thread because I didn't see Chavez in his prime and all of a sudden its like I spit on the Queen?
        There u go mentioning my country men AGAIN!!!! Im going to keep an eye on u. What u got against Mexico?Its like that thread someone started Why r the MEXICANS afraid of Pac? Back to the real world Im starting a thread also only this is really true.Why are philipinos scared of Mexicans? and that is the truth cause Im Mexican and see it their eyes everytime I see one.Im sure you have never seen a Mexican go crazy if so u would never speak of it again. One more thing I dont think everyone that disagrees with u here r Mexican.A fighter like Chaves was never over rated as a matter of fact he was under rated for a long time.
        Last edited by {BrownBomber}; 01-28-2005, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Why does this have to be a race thing? You obvisouly have something against Mexican fighters. Does it makes sense to talk about a fighter you never seen in his prime? Anyway you didn't see Chavez in his prime, well gets some tapes of his fights and his opponents to see how "good" they were.

Last note, people can call Chavez's unbeaten streak overrated that's fine. But don't call a fighter that stepped into the ring with everybody in his era overrated.

That's seems to be a big problem with fighters these days, I can name a few but this thread will turn into a ***** thread.

Comment

So you never saw Chavez in his prime yet you make stupid assumptions? You're a smart one.

Comment

he was never overrater, he just stayed in the game too long and that affected his record.

Comment

Chavez was a fighting machine

Comment

very overrated

Comment

he is overrated

Comment

plus i dont like him

Comment

Working...
                      X