Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice how Dana White has a free UFC event on tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice how Dana White has a free UFC event on tonight?

Not a bad card either. Shogun, Diaz and Henderson are fighting.

He does this every time Arum has a PPV.

White must really hate Arum.

Good business, knows he can't compete so he starts it earlier with good card makes money from the network instead of risking going head to head with a big PPV.

Comment

Dana's a leech. I read somewhere he admitted himself that he's trying to dip into the boxing viewership by getting people to tune in before they watch the PPV (the fights aren't on at the same time).

Comment

sport has plateaued.

they have a huge talent deficiency due to the fact that its still a new sport and they havent developed a consistent and sustainable minor league system that continues to churn out new talent like the nfl with college football or boxing with the olympics and amateur system, or the nba with college hoop etc..

i prefer the old black box ufc where there were no divisions and it was a free for all with less rules and regulation.

this stripped down commercialized ufc is a diluted product.

Comment

does anyone know how Many times has this happened? i mean a major Boxing event and a ufc thing on the same night?

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            does anyone know how Many times has this happened? i mean a major Boxing event and a ufc thing on the same night?
            Seems like it happens mainly everytime Arum, Mayweather or Pac are fighting.

Actually it happens more than that, but that's what stands out to me.

Comment

I think the UFC date was already set in stone before Pac/Arum decided on Dec 8th.

Comment

lol, masterful powers of observation. This has only been going on for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  sport has plateaued.

they have a huge talent deficiency due to the fact that its still a new sport and they havent developed a consistent and sustainable minor league system that continues to churn out new talent like the nfl with college football or boxing with the olympics and amateur system, or the nba with college hoop etc..

i prefer the old black box ufc where there were no divisions and it was a free for all with less rules and regulation.

this stripped down commercialized ufc is a diluted product.
                  In my opinion it hasn't plateaued at all. UFC is still going strong. The get new talent thru shows like the ultimate fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Not a bad card either. Shogun, Diaz and Henderson are fighting.

He does this every time Arum has a PPV.

White must really hate Arum.
                    he did this last time too. The thing is you can watch all the UFC fights and still catch Pacquiao vs Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X