Collapse
No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread title... God does not exist: true or false?

My answer to this is..anybody that's alive cannot truly answer this question as fact. It comes down to a matter of choice...free will. We choose to believe or not.

Some people that have died during surgery and brought back have had out of body experiences, and some claim that there is a God.

As far as heaven and hell go, i believe if there is a heaven and hell, I believe we are in hell now. Look at the extremes of pain, torture, rape, murder, the ravages of war...if that's not hell, what is?

And what loving God would send you to eternal damnation if you choose simply not to believe? I think much of the bible is made up by man, but i do believe in a supreme being, somebody, something with an in-fathom-able amount of knowledge to create, maybe this being created the big bang thing?

If so, who created the creator? Questions...

That will be answered in Prometheus 2....

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      may I ask why you stopped believing?
      Deontay wilder has more KO's in a row then klitschko, this makin him the most dominant heavyweight of all time.

There can't be a god

Comment

If God is real why does he allow the suffering of so many.

We are the lucky ones, imagine you're an AIDS ridden orphan in Africa. I'm sure the idea of someone watching over you would be dismissed pronto.

You can say you believe there was a creator of the Universe if you want because we don't know much before the first milliseconds after the big bang but to attribute things that can be explained like the Earths creation, The Solar System and Humans to a creator is as unnecessary as it is stupid.

The entire concept of religion was used to gain power or keep control of the masses, used by clever men in power to meddle with less intelligent people who took things at face value in the past, your common man who couldn't read, write or count. To convince them that they have to fight to spread their religion for a Holy God, to convince them that they must adhere to certain rules, that they cannot believe what they want or they will be punished.

I am curious to find out how many people on here believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God and performed legitimate miracles.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          If God is real why does he allow the suffering of so many.
          The idea of this is humans have free will, and we are responsible for our actions, it is believed that God does not directly interfere with humans actions.

Humans start wars, kill-rape-torture others, usually in the name of $$ or religion. It is not religion itself that is neither bad-good...exists or doesn't...It's what people do in the name of it.

I am curious to find out how many people on here believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God and performed legitimate miracles.
          I believe much of the bible was man-made, created for w/e reasons. That is what i choose to believe, but i can prove nothing. Nobody can. It's up to us to choose whether or not to believe.

Like i said, it all comes down to choice, right? Who can argue that fact?

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
            The idea of this is humans have free will, and we are responsible for our actions, it is believed that God does not directly interfere with humans actions.

Humans start wars, kill-rape-torture others, usually in the name of $$ or religion. It is not religion itself that is neither bad-good...exists or doesn't...It's what people do in the name of it.
            Do humans create diseases, famines, droughts, volcanoes, tsunamis, asteroids?

My example still stands, you don't get AIDS because of humans.

I believe much of the bible was man-made, created for w/e reasons. That is what i choose to believe, but i can prove nothing. Nobody can. It's up to us to choose whether or not to believe.

Like i said, it all comes down to choice, right? Who can argue that fact?
            People can believe what they want but this is a thread questioning the validity of those beliefs. If people are secure in what they believe in and don't want to discuss it they shouldn't post in the thread.

Comment

If God exists why does he allow Lucas Matthysse to create so much havoc and steal so many of his beautifully crafted souls.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                Of course he does, there's even a book that proves it.

Smh at these atheists. You'll find out once you die, and he sends y'all to hell.
                This argument is basically "Believe what I tell you or I'll kick the shit out of you". In both circumstances it's using threats to try and force compliance, in both cases it's unlikely that the threat will ever be carried out. And in both cases it's counter productive and stupid.

The thread title... God does not exist: true or false?

My answer to this is..anybody that's alive cannot truly answer this question as fact.
                Neither can anyone who is dead. Because they're dead.

Some people that have died during surgery and brought back have had out of body experiences, and some claim that there is a God.
                Someone who has died and been brought back wasn't dead. Dead is final, that's sort of one of the defining factors of it. Somebody may have the appearance of clinical death before being brought back, but they weren't dead.

Out of body experiences have been recreated by use of oxygen starvation under laboratory conditions.

That will be answered in Prometheus 2....
                The question I want answered in Prometheus 2 is: Who the hell is going to watch Prometheus 2 given how wretched the first one was?

That's not what it says in the Bible.

Comment

In answer to the OP I don't believe in gods because there is no good reason to believe in gods.

God has become increasingly nebulous as our real understanding of the universe has increased. The more specifically you define god, the less likely as an entity it appears to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    hey Russian serious question...
                    I believe you've mentioned your step dad is Puerto Rican right?
                    does he believe in God?
                    Ummm I'm not sure but I think so. We've never had the god discussion in my family, but he does wear a cross.

We live as secular lives as it gets, there isn't any god in our family. Individually may be different I'm not sure

Comment

Do humans create diseases, famines, droughts, volcanoes, tsunamis, asteroids?

My example still stands, you don't get AIDS because of humans.
                      Ok, you're getting off topic, the thread title is about God, not natural disasters. And yes, humans DO have the ability to create famines and diseases-viruses, but most are just a part of nature.

People can believe what they want but this is a thread questioning the validity of those beliefs. If people are secure in what they believe in and don't want to discuss it they shouldn't post in the thread.
                      Sounds like you are taking this a bit personally. My intention when i quoted you was not to discredit you or say you are wrong. I am secure in what i believe, and i am discussing the topic of the thread which is about whether or not God exists.

I am posting my opinion of this, as i have a right to, and i am staying on topic. I respect your right to your opinion, please respect mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X