Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase energy levels for when I'm at the gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase energy levels for when I'm at the gym?

I'm having trouble giving a decent workout at the gym because I feel so burnt out by the time I get there. I think it has to do with my schedule. Any recommendations on what to do in my situation?

My schedule during the week:

Wake up at 6 am and get ready for school
    Eat school breakfast at around 8 am when I arrive
    Don't eat lunch till 12 pm
    schools out by 2 and I take buses and trains to get to the gym
    gym doesn't open till 4, then I do my work
    I don't leave till 7

So I basically only eat twice by then, and majority of the time I'm hungry when I train. I'm always on the move so I can't exactly stop and get something to eat because lack of money and time. I take four different buses and a train to get to my gym, which pans out to be at least two hours worth of moving around with a hectic schedule.
    Any way I can reach a decent energy level? Any sort of snacks I can bring a long that may benefit it?

Try Jack3d its sold in GNC for about 25 dollars and gives me plenty of energy when i dont feel like working out.

Comment

have an apple (or 2) or a granola bar about 30 minutes to an hour before training.

Comment

prepare a brown bread sandwich before you go to school, and bring an apple along with you and then eat them on the train?

Also it might be the length you are training, I dont think you need to be training 3 hours straight unless you are at pro level or something, plus I would say an intense 1 and a half hour session would be much better than a long moderate intensity 3 hour session.

Comment

go to another gym, save money and try eat more often even on buses

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Try Jack3d its sold in GNC for about 25 dollars and gives me plenty of energy when i dont feel like working out.
            What exactly is that? Sounds interesting.
            Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
            have an apple (or 2) or a granola bar about 30 minutes to an hour before training.
            I'll have to do that. I brought a granola bar with two weeks ago and if I recall, I don't remember feeling fatigued.
            Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
            prepare a brown bread sandwich before you go to school, and bring an apple along with you and then eat them on the train?

Also it might be the length you are training, I dont think you need to be training 3 hours straight unless you are at pro level or something, plus I would say an intense 1 and a half hour session would be much better than a long moderate intensity 3 hour session.
            Brown bread sandwich? Is that like that multi-grain or whole wheat stuff? Sorry, not familiar with food stuff, that's why I'm asking ha. And I'm there for three hours because I can't get a ride home any sooner.
            Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
            go to another gym, save money and try eat more often even on buses
            There is no gym closer that is worth it. Plus it's the best gym in the state and it's basically free to go to, so I save money that way.

Comment

Fruits, and whole wheat sandwich. What I usually do is make myself a nice whole wheat turkey or tuna sandwich and eat half of it about 30 minutes before I get to the gym; workout for an hour, eat the other half of the sandwich and rest for a half hour and then workout for the remaining hour hour I'm at the gym. So it basically goes like this:

-30 minutes before the gym: half sandwich
              -workout for an hour
              -eat the other half of the sandwich
              -rest for a half hour (talk **** with the guys there, walk around the block a few times)
              -finish another hour of working out

this doesn't work for everyone but it works for me, might help u out to.
              The only thing u might take into account is if ur comfortable using the gym bathroom
              because usually by my other half of the sandwich I've got to go take a **** because my metabolism is ridiculous like that. Lol hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                Jack3d is legit. I feel so focused and energized just 20 minutes after taking 2 scoops with water. The new grape bubblegum flavor tastes GREAT.

I get mine from here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html

I wouldn't "depend" on it before every workout, though. One, because your body will adapt to it, requiring more servings just to feel a decent effect, so you have to cycle on and off. Two, it can make you think you will only workout if you take it. Try not to "depend on it". It's just a supplement.

As for me, I only use it once a week, on days where I plan to train extra hard.

You will notice that the extra work it makes you do, will eventually give results to the point where you really wont be needing it as much anymore, or at all. I see it as a "head start" to getting in shape fast at the initial levels of training. You know what they say, "the hardest part is starting out".

Comment

I was having the same problem. I was eating only at breakfast and lunch and then training. Then I started to try to eat six times a day and get more fruit and nuts in my diet and these have really helped me with my energy levels. I try to eat some nuts in between breakfast and lunch with a piece of fruit. I just get a zip lock back filled with nuts and some fruit and keep it on me in my backpack. Then about an 45 minutes before training i eat a piece of fruit usually an orange. For some reason I always feel the best after eating an orange. Then I eat an banana when I'm done with my workout to get that potassium back. I know how it is when you run before school and then have a long trip to the gym so I hope this helps man.

Comment

Sleep more and Eat more.

Go to bed earlier and eat in between breakfast, lunch and lunch and dinner, before and after your training sessions. They don't have to be huge meals but merely "snack size" meals.

Pretty simple really. If that doesnt work, which I don't think is possible, get something for energy. But I wouldn't use Jack3ed.

Jack3d is loaded with 1,3 which is few chemical bonds away from being an amphetamine.

Which is why people in here claim to be being super energized.

I personally had some unpleasant withdraw type effects after using a product containing 1,3, in which I was basically impervious to any type of stimulant to get me going.

If you are going to buy Jack3d. Cycle off of it for at least a month to give your adrenals a break.
                    Last edited by Jack3d; 11-01-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X