No announcement yet.

Would Mayweather have beaten Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Mayweather have beaten Duran?

I personally don't think so. I was looking up some old videos of Duran and thought this question.
    Roberto Duran
    69.23%
    Floyd Mayweather
    30.77%

??? well never ever know

Comment

he was more than capable of beating duran. if u saw duran vs. leonard 2 u would understand why. thats the blueprint rite there, and floyd is more than capable of carrying that out. one of the very few fighters in history who could.

Comment

ill say it again

duran is from a totally different era... the 15 round fighter/take on all comers at any weight era

duran was a savage... he smashes through the perfect mayweather form, gets inside and mauls him inside of 12 rounds

Comment

I think Floyd would have, Duran always had trouble with cutesy guys, now there are certain things Floyd does that could cost him against Duran that don't against most fighters, like laying on the ropes so it would be interesting to see how Floyd approached the fight and what would he do.

I think length of the fight would be huge 12 I think Floyd stands a very good shot at winning enough rounds, but in a 15 rounder those championship rounds would give Duran a heck of an opportunity to come from behind.

Floyd is used to be able to beat guys inside and out but Floyd would have to be mostly an outside fighter against Duran, I would assume he would mix in some inside fighting but there Duran would be at the advantage so I can't see Floyd going there all that much except to keep Duran off guard.

Both guys are willing to get down and dirty so I don't think that really favors either man.

It would be an interesting contrast of styles no doubt, and I could understand why people would go with either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I think Floyd would have, Duran always had trouble with cutesy guys, now there are certain things Floyd does that could cost him against Duran that don't against most fighters, like laying on the ropes so it would be interesting to see how Floyd approached the fight and what would he do.

I think length of the fight would be huge 12 I think Floyd stands a very good shot at winning enough rounds, but in a 15 rounder those championship rounds would give Duran a heck of an opportunity to come from behind.

Floyd is used to be able to beat guys inside and out but Floyd would have to be mostly an outside fighter against Duran, I would assume he would mix in some inside fighting but there Duran would be at the advantage so I can't see Floyd going there all that much except to keep Duran off guard.

Both guys are willing to get down and dirty so I don't think that really favors either man.

It would be an interesting contrast of styles no doubt, and I could understand why people would go with either guy.
            as crazy as floyds game is, he doesnt beat duran on the inside

he only beats duran on the outside

duran swarms and gets inside after eating a couple counter shots and smashes floyd with superior savagery.... floyd has never had the power to hold back a duran

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

floyds best weapon in this fight is his straight right hand. when leonard fought duran, he basically used his jab and his footspeed/headmovement to beat duran. duran totally had no answer for any of that. the way duran was open to be picked apart tells me if floyd fights the perfect outside fight, he could indeed beat duran. not saying its 100% but there is a good enough chance of floyd being able to pull it off.

Comment

I can't see Mayweather outclassing him like he does to his opponents now, Duran is just from a completely different era, a better/tougher one.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  floyds best weapon in this fight is his straight right hand. when leonard fought duran, he basically used his jab and his footspeed/headmovement to beat duran. duran totally had no answer for any of that. the way duran was open to be picked apart tells me if floyd fights the perfect outside fight, he could indeed beat duran. not saying its 100% but there is a good enough chance of floyd being able to pull it off.
                  youre a loser that uses one of a fighters worst performances (leonard 2) and refer to it as a 'blueprint' on how to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by LatinKing416 View Post
                    as crazy as floyds game is, he doesnt beat duran on the inside

he only beats duran on the outside

duran swarms and gets inside after eating a couple counter shots and smashes floyd with superior savagery.... floyd has never had the power to hold back a duran
                    Yea I get that, I think Floyd would go inside sometimes because that is what he does but really as the fight progresses if he is doing well he will fight more and more on the outside.

If Floyd goes in there to fight he gets beat if Floyd goes in there to box his fight he stands a good shot, still Duran is Duran and if the fight is in his ballpark you have to like his chances.

It would be very interesting I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X