Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs. Ricky Hatton at 140 pounds. Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    Damn, I didnt know that................ Duh....

Collazo beat Hatton. That fight was gift to Ricky. Put Ricky against Torres, Mosley, Judah, Quintana, Margarito, Clottey, and he might have more L's in his resume.

You are trying to imply that they were the same. That Cotto is not better than Hatton. It is your hate quota of the day. So please, dont even try

This is about both guys at 140 though isn't it? Most of those was at 147+

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
      Cotto changes peoples faces,and Hattons face doesnt hold up well...imagine him after a fight with Cotto

Cotto's face doesn't particular hold up well either though Hattons is mainly grazing/reddening rather than cuts/swelling.

Comment

Good, competitive fight that Cotto would have won by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          And you can say the same to Mosley/Clottey right? Many people (not me) though Cotto lost them fights. I don't see it but I guess they saw something I didn't. Just saying.

We don't know that so you're basing it off an opinion of fantasy fights.

Hatton has achieved what Cotto never has in his whole career of vacant belts...A Ring Belt.
          Well he won the fight IMO. I can see a Draw against Mosley but that is about it. Mosley acknowledge he lost so, that is that. To think that Clottey had something going against Cotto based on him being better is just stupid. The only reason Clottey won some rounds was because of the cut on the eye. If you cant understand that, well that is your problem.

To even think that Hatton would do as good as Cotto did in other weight class shows that you dont know what you talking about. Hatton wouldnt be able to beat Mosley, so please lets not argue about that.

About the Ring title, I just wished that Cotto had fought past prime Kotza like Hatton did. We wouldnt have that argument right now. Or even Baldomir at welter weight for that belt. I know you put to much value on that Ring belt, and unfortunately for Cotto, Clottey was strip of the belt before the fight. You pick too much on small things because of some mamones Stans. But you look like a rasca bola every time you come up with the same thing. Let it go already.

Comment

If Hatton could bring to the fight the style he uses in the gym he'd doalot better when facing higher level fighters but he doesn't do it. He becomes a club fighter who looses his experience and style and swings wildly and gets hit easily!! He did ok with Mayweather up till the point of Mayweather opening up on him. Manny just blasted him out of there because Hatton couldn't maintain any pose or attack that had a shred of defense in it! When you get KO'd like that there should be concerns, there was but now he's back!! Hopefully the guy he fights has no power so Hatton can resolve whats in his mind and get out of the sport before in actually ends worse than even the Pacman fight!
            In the gym he looks fine, in a fight he looks like a rank amatuer! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              cotto is better than hatton, but there is no guarentee he would have beat hatton at 140. hatton would not do well against mosley and margarito.

margarito showed the way to beat cotto by taking every shot cotto had and just kept on walking him down. thats what hatton would have to do, possible he could because he has a similar style, showed he could take a shot against tszyu. so as i said earlier, i think it would be a 50/50 fight.
              I understand that. But Hatton is not Margarito. A healthy Cotto at 140 beats Hatton. I think Torres is a harder puncher than Hatton and Cotto survive that. Not that Bailey hit Cotto flush, but he took some good shots in that fight as well. We only saw Hatton against a past his best Kotza.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              This is about both guys at 140 though isn't it? Most of those was at 147+
              I know. I am pointing out that because Mr Fantastic likes to sht on Cotto all the time and he just want to act like they are the same fighter because the lost to the same fighters. He dont even consider that Cotto fight was more competitive than Hatton fight against the same 2 ATG.

You mentioned a shaky 140 Cotto. Still, I dont think Ricky power is not on the level of Bailey and Torres. But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Well he won the fight IMO. I can see a Draw against Mosley but that is about it. Mosley acknowledge he lost so, that is that. To think that Clottey had something going against Cotto based on him being better is just stupid. The only reason Clottey won some rounds was because of the cut on the eye. If you cant understand that, well that is your problem.

To even think that Hatton would do as good as Cotto did in other weight class shows that you dont know what you talking about. Hatton wouldnt be able to beat Mosley, so please lets not argue about that.

About the Ring title, I just wished that Cotto had fought past prime Kotza like Hatton did. We wouldnt have that argument right now. Or even Baldomir at welter weight for that belt. I know you put to much value on that Ring belt, and unfortunately for Cotto, Clottey was strip of the belt before the fight. You pick too much on small things because of some mamones Stans. But you look like a rasca bola every time you come up with the same thing. Let it go already.
                I don't know what I'm talking about? Like a poster said, you're stating all those 147 pounders up there. This is a 140 fight where Cotto was still ok and not all that like he was in his prime. He was getting rocked by light punchers and if Ricardo Torres put it on him for a while I could just imagine the ass whooping Hatton may of put on him.

Ring belt is better than the vacant belts Cotto collected early in his career is it not? I bet you're one of the Cotto fans that came after the Quintana fight.

Comment

I consider myself a big fan of both guys, but Cotto was better at more. So I went with Cotto. Would have enjoyed it.

Comment

I voted for Cotto. He was much to good for Hatton in my opinion. I think he would win by KO because Hatton would come forward into Cotto's fast, powerful combinations.

Comment

I understand that. But Hatton is not Margarito. A healthy Cotto at 140 beats Hatton. I think Torres is a harder puncher than Hatton and Cotto survive that. Not that Bailey hit Cotto flush, but he took some good shots in that fight as well. We only saw Hatton against a past his best Kotza.

I know. I am pointing out that because Mr Fantastic likes to sht on Cotto all the time and he just want to act like they are the same fighter because the lost to the same fighters. He dont even consider that Cotto fight was more competitive than Hatton fight against the same 2 ATG.

You mentioned a shaky 140 Cotto. Still, I dont think Ricky power is not on the level of Bailey and Torres. But that is just my opinion.
                      i wouldnt be surprised if cotto would have beat hatton, but i wouldnt be surprised if hatton beat cotto either.

i agree tszyu was past his best, however he was still p4p number 3 at the time and alot better fighter than torres.

on hattons power, he wasnt a hard hitter but he wasnt feater fisted, more of an accumulative puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X