• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run....

Dont try to be Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      I've been robbed before also, first paycheck from BK back in the day I went to cash it and some dude that was there followed me and didn't pull out the gun but lifted up his shirt enough so I could see the gun tucked in his pants (like ice cube in boys in the hood, "any body got a problem") and demanded my hard earning burger flipping money...I froze and gave him the money and the potato chips I had bought also...
      its simple...
      Your life comes first...the rest can be replaced...
      That had to be tough. Worked your ass off for 4.25 an hour? What was the min wage back then? Went to pick up your $170 dollar pay check for 40 hours worked, and get robbed. That had to crush your heart.

Comment

I know I wouldn't know how to react. I would probably freeze and do nothing. Unlike my Dad, who I've seen intervene in robberies many times as a kid. One that sticks in my memory; some guy robbed some lady's purse, so my Dad ran after the guy who was getting into a getaway car. My dad put his fist through the window and tried to grab the guy, got pulled along the road until the guys sped off.

I don't know what he would have done if the guys got out.

Anyway like posters said, I think it's best to do nothing if you can help it. We all remember the late Vernon Forrest, who really went in a pointless way, rest his soul.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          That had to be tough. Worked your ass off for 4.25 an hour? What was the min wage back then? Went to pick up your $170 dollar pay check for 40 hours worked, and get robbed. That had to crush your heart.
          $5.05 an hour back then but it felt like he stold a million dollars from me...

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
            I know I wouldn't know how to react. I would probably freeze and do nothing. Unlike my Dad, who I've seen intervene in robberies many times as a kid. One that sticks in my memory; some guy robbed some lady's purse, so my Dad ran after the guy who was getting into a getaway car. My dad put his fist through the window and tried to grab the guy, got pulled along the road until the guys sped off.

I don't know what he would have done if the guys got out.

Anyway like posters said, I think it's best to do nothing if you can help it. We all remember the late Vernon Forrest, who really went in a pointless way, rest his soul.
            Great point about Vernon Forrest. Considering that a man as dangerous as him unarmed ended up like that shows it's not worth it. What a damn shame that was though.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
              It all happened very fast. I went back right away and the manager was already talking to the cops on his phone. I still feel bad for running though.
              You went right back, that's enough imo. You wouldn't have been able to do anything had you stayed and the situation may have gotten worse.

Comment

MMGhey fans.

Comment

Sadly to many including one when i was 21 working at 7-11 i just gave dude the money and he left,i had heard a few weeks later some guy tried to fight back against the same guy and was shot in the head,the cops said on the night i was robbed he had already clipped 10 stores.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    I've been robbed before also, first paycheck from BK back in the day I went to cash it and some dude that was there followed me and didn't pull out the gun but lifted up his shirt enough so I could see the gun tucked in his pants (like ice cube in boys in the hood, "any body got a problem") and demanded my hard earning burger flipping money...I froze and gave him the money and the potato chips I had bought also...
                    its simple...
                    Your life comes first...the rest can be replaced...
                    Harsh dude. I would like to think that in your situation I would have drawn the line at the potato chips and said fuck you...you can't have the chips. But I guess until you're in that situation one really doesn't know what you'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      Harsh dude. I would like to think that in your situation I would have drawn the line at the potato chips and said fuck you...you can't have the chips. But I guess until you're in that situation one really doesn't know what you'd do.
                      If he did something he would be stupid,what is he getting out of it,any rational man would run.

Comment

Working...
                      X