Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan Takes 2 Knees In Rnd 10 against Benn. Did he quit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Please ban this tard.

How the heck can a man with permanent brain damage and blood for a mask be a quitter?

I'm not even a Cotto fan like that, but damn. Some of you guys are sick. Probably never felt a punch in your life.
    thats the thing. he's some fat short loser who critic fighters rather then jumping in the ring & losing weight............

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
      thats the thing. he's some fat short loser who critic fighters rather then jumping in the ring & losing weight............
      Him, LatinKing, DirkDiggler and all the other tards that think McClellan quit. See, these are the ones that never threw a punch or got hit with one. Probably never even tried to play basketball tired. But are running around calling people that have blood masks "quitters".

I have truly lost a lot of respect for some posters that I had a bit of respect for. It's truly sickening; it's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
        I knew this thread would be about the Cotto thing from several hours ago, but you're really only arguing linguistics here. Quitting and being beaten into submission are the same damn thing. It is not like they went down on a phantom punch for the mob or something, they tried their best...lost...and submitted. The word for that is quitting, but it isn't a knock on any fighter.

All Cotto did was stop it at the right time imho....his corner didn't have the sense to stop it, so he did......Margarito is a fool imo. Granted we love that certain fighters are throwbacks from the days of bareknuckle where guys used to die after fights regularly, but he is a TOOL. His corner didn't have the sense to stop his last fight where he took four rounds of unneccesary damage. The guy was similing like an idiot when SSM was skull-****ing him. Personally i don't care, he deserves the punishment. In saying that i think he would have beaen cotto the first time withou plaster, but i reckon Cotto will beat him this time around.

Comment

cotto is not a brave man

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Yeah he quit.
            I'm sure your a**hole is green from sitting at the computer screen all day..........

I hope your a**hole gets sucked into a black hole & smashes to bits..........

Comment

Please ban this tard.

How the heck can a man with permanent brain damage and blood for a mask be a quitter?

I'm not even a Cotto fan like that, but damn. Some of you guys are sick. Probably never felt a punch in your life.
              If you can't take the heat dipshit then why the fuck are you making a thread knowing there is going to be fans that would disagree with you? I'm sorry but he did quit and I like McClellan. I like Oscar and Chavez as well, they both quit too. I call a spade a spade.

Comment

Muh****a G-Man didn't QUIT.....HE COULDN'T STAND UP!!! DUMB ASSES I SWEAR!!!

Comment

Him, LatinKing, DirkDiggler and all the other tards that think McClellan quit. See, these are the ones that never threw a punch or got hit with one. Probably never even tried to play basketball tired. But are running around calling people that have blood masks "quitters".

I have truly lost a lot of respect for some posters that I had a bit of respect for. It's truly sickening; it's disgusting.
                  its sikk the way cotto showed no courage, no passion, he fought like a true mayweather fanatic, lol, then he submitted his mercy and he gave up

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                    its sikk the way cotto showed no courage, no passion, he fought like a true mayweather fanatic, lol, then he submitted his mercy and he gave up
                    Cotto's not my top guy, so your comments don't mean anything to me.

But I do respect fighters that give it their all and lay it all on the line in the ring. That's what I defend, not the fighter.

Comment

5:14 - You can hear the announcers yelling "He QUIT!!!" Gerald McClellan QUIT!!!!

See, I didn't want to have to do this, but due to a few non knowledgable boxing fans running around NSB acussing fighters like Cotto of quitting, I was forced to do this.

If you re-watch this fight and compare it to the Cotto fight, it's almost two identical fights. Cotto was stopped in the 11th and McClellan in the 10th. Both took 2 knees and were called QUITTERS!!

See, it's fake boxing fans like this that give the sport a bad name. If you haven't been in a fight, or don't know what it's like to be in that situation, then you need to think twice about calling someone a quitter and having no idea what you're talking about.

McClellan and Cotto both fought til they couldn't fight anymore. Learn the difference.

Just my thoughts.
                      I'm sure you came with some good logic for this topic, but I didn't read any of it.

I guess some will say he quit. In technical terms, it easy to say he did. Now if you take a closer look, only the fighter (or person in general) know if something is wrong with their body...The G-Man knew something was wrong. So he took a knee, and withdrew from the fight. If memory serves, he did tell his corner something was wrong, or didn't feel right. The rest is history...

He was and still is my favorite fighter to this day. I get a bit snippy when topics are made about him, but I will try and be fair here.

I guess it is fair for people to say, or even question if he quit. To me, it is all in the way they say it.

Now for me, I look at the whole picture. The G-man did not come off that knee (when it seemed to me he could have) cause he knew he could have been in danger. looking back, to little to late. I really feel there is a difference in this situation...Then again, I'm very biased on the subject.

This is a really interesting question for me, but then again, I never really have been the one to accuse fighters of quitting. Maybe that is why I'm so torn by the question.
                      Last edited by HandSpeed303; 12-01-2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X