Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle of Britain – Burns vs Mitchell...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Fair play if Warren does it, I see it as some sort of Super 6. Murray is out, now it's just Mitchell and Burns. Hopefully he does make that fight and we have a definitive best LW in Britain, until Walsh is ready.

But he's invested a lot into Mitchell, another loss would be a big blow. He's also investing in Burns, who is bringing in a whole country of fans. He needs to have Burns fight in Scotland though to maximise profits.

I just can't see it happening because of Warren and his unwillingness to put the best against the best.
    Warren isnt as bad as he used to be, and with his channel going pay monthly soon, he's gonna have to entice fans to fork out hard earned money. He's gonna need some big domestic fights to get non hardcore fans to sign up, not Mitchell v some guy most people havent heard of or Burns v some 45 year old latvian with a ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I see it more as whoever wins, Warren wins.

Its like Arum with his TR in house fights.

If Burns loses, he just goes back to Scotland and fights some stiffs in front of sold out crowds until Warren finds a name fighter on the decline.

^^ Exactly this.

As for the matchup; I'm a big supporter of Mitchell, but I think Burns gives him style issues.

Comment

I got Mitchell in this one.

War Kevin !!

Comment

good fight with a great build up,i think mitchell is too good of a boxer for burns

if kevin's head is in the right place,he takes burns apart

Comment

I would pay to see this fight, I would go to it. Both guys will make a big pay day, and I disagree that the loser has nowhere to go. If Warren plays his cards right he could milk Burns-Mitchell-Murray for a couple of years and then you sell one of them out against a Gamboa or another star coming up in weight, but Warren could make them all significantly wealthier.

Mitchell could blow the plan though, he needs to sort himself out.

Comment

Working...
            X