Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you boxed before? How did you do? What was your style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i train and sparr against people who are trying to make it pro, i just sit behind my right jab and mix it up to the body and a few combinations, i fight more comfortable at southpaw, and make my opponent miss wit the philly shell (only works against people who cant really fight, when i sparr someone good it doesnt work) and then get tired in the third round and act like my asthma is bothering me then i go home and tell my son how i destroyed the whole gym!

when fighting traditional i keer a high guard and look to counter

my head AND FOOT movement sucks but im workin at it! also getting hit is not my thing so ill never make it boxing, music is my thing!

Comment

boxed for years not allowed to go am cuz i had a titanium rod implant in my chest wouldnt pass physica;

i was 6ft2 140 lbs so i did well ..terrible stamina and not a great chin
      great right

Comment

I knows this will shock and amaze ya
        but I used to fight like joe fraizer

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I kick boxed and did really well until I ran into a 6'5" 230ish lbs black southpaw who was so heavy handed even blocking his punches was devastating. Not having much experience especially against southpaws I eventually walked into a good left and was out on my feet. I knew I wasn't cut out for that high a weight class and getting ktfo is not fun.

My style? I would fight almost out of a high guard exclusively and throw way more jabs than I should. Everything is in my right hand I got nothing with my left. If the opponent is locking up I'll punch myself out banging away at their guard.

I had fun, but I could tell my potential was limited.
          Lol. Great post. How far in weight did you drop down?

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
            i train and sparr against people who are trying to make it pro, i just sit behind my right jab and mix it up to the body and a few combinations, i fight more comfortable at southpaw, and make my opponent miss wit the philly shell (only works against people who cant really fight, when i sparr someone good it doesnt work) and then get tired in the third round and act like my asthma is bothering me then i go home and tell my son how i destroyed the whole gym!

when fighting traditional i keer a high guard and look to counter

my head AND FOOT movement sucks but im workin at it! also getting hit is not my thing so ill never make it boxing, music is my thing!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with stamina problems. Lol. I remember I had my third am fight scheduled and knew I wasn't ready. I had been back to the gym for 2 weeks after a layoff of a month...my dumb@$$ trainer also happened to be the promoter of the card and talked me into fighting. I remember doing mitts for warm up before the fight and getting tired. Lol. So the fight begins and I'm fighting against an out of shape looking Spanish kid and thrashing him...at one point I hit him so hard with a straight right that he just moans...I hit him again and the crowd moans in unison. First round ends and I
            Dying trying to catch my breath. Lol. My cornor is trying to convince me I'm not tired and the bell sounds for round 2....I look across to the blue corner and this @#*! Is just bouncing like he's getting ready for a lite jog...needless to say he beat my @$$. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              boxed for years not allowed to go am cuz i had a titanium rod implant in my chest wouldnt pass physica;

i was 6ft2 140 lbs so i did well ..terrible stamina and not a great chin
              great right
              Damn! 6'2 at 140? With a good jab that would be a nightmare for that weight

Comment

I boxed when i was younger broke my hands twice and gave it up
                did ok won some loss some my style not sure i tried to fight like tommy hearns but i had no power
                Last edited by FUC_U_PAYME; 06-13-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUC_U_PAYME View Post
                  I boxed when i was younger broke my hands twice and gave it up
                  did ok won some loss some my style not sure i tried to fight like tommy hearns but i had no power
                  whats your street fighting recod im 25-4-1

Comment

I've trained & sparred. Never actually licensed for the ams. Tall & skinny a decade ago. 5-10 134, natural counter puncher, decent speed fought tall with a good jab. Did well against my amateur buddies far too undisciplined to actually make something of myself. A shame too, they tried to push me, I was a dumb dumb.

Comment

Did the NY Golden Gloves a coulple a times in the early 90's, never won the whole thing. Also they had the Empire State games and other boxing events.

Like any other AM I threw a whole bunch of punches per round. It started getting really fun when you can hit and not get hit cause you see more in the ring.

Blew my knee playing basketball and any plans were over.

Comment

Working...
                      X