No announcement yet.

Cotto-Mayweather jr Feb 27 Puerto Rico Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto-Mayweather jr Feb 27 Puerto Rico Press Conference

Miguel Cotto's group promised an unprecedented promotional show, and did not disappoint.

At an event in full swing which included guns, smoke, laser lights and flames of fire that warmed the face to all those who sat in the first 20 rows from the Coliseo de Puerto Rico Jose Miguel Agrelot, Cotto and Floyd Mayweather Jr. megacombate today officially announced the upcoming May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The conference was attended promotional of over five thousand fans and several renowned figures in the yard.

"I am proud to be here before you today announcing my next fight. I will not talk much, they know they do not usually do, "said Cotto in turn the podium after being introduced with great fanfare in the stage of the Colosseum. "I will prepare as never before to defend my title on May 5 in Las Vegas and return to Puerto Rico on May 6 as champion, I guarantee it."

Although the majority of those present supported the divisional champion triple boricua, Mayweather also had a large group of supporters.

"Thanks to the fans of Puerto Rico for receiving me with open arms. Spent many years supporting boxing and so I take my hat off to you. It is only fair to support his fighter on May 5, but that day I who get away with victory. "

In this fight is in play junior middleweight world title that has Cotto. Currently, undefeated welterweight champion Mayweather is.

The HBO broadcast live Telecadena Event 'pay to view'. In the co-feature bout the Mexican Saul "Canelo" Alvarez clash with Shane Mosley.

Tickets start at $ 200 and will go on sale tomorrow.

Video

Last edited by TheBoxingMaster; 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM.

Does Leonard Ellerbe have the g@yest goatee you've ever seen? I say if not, it's definitely top 5.

Comment

Video have been added to the article

Comment

Now that's a face-off!!!!!!

Comment

at first i wanted to give floyd credit for facing cotto after he avooided him for years like the plauge !!!!!!! but then i thought to myself .... "treason1" floyd is not facing the same cotto who manny fighted that was still in his prime !!!! he is facing a cotto who is now a shell of his former self !!!!!! a ccotto who has been mentally and physically abused by the likes of manny !!!!! manny beat him worse than margarita did and margarita had plaster in his wraps !!!!!!!! anyway win of loose votto will still at the end of the day have a much better resume than mayfeather and he can retire knowing he didnt duck and dodge anyone like mayfeather did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and another dynamic of the fight that hasnt been mentioned yet is fat joe and 50 cents !!!!! they dont like each other and im sure they will
          Last edited by treason1; 02-27-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Cottos dome is alot bigger then Floyds

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
              at first i wanted to give floyd credit for facing cotto after he avooided him for years like the plauge !!!!!!! but then i thought to myself .... "treason1" floyd is not facing the same cotto who manny fighted that was still in his prime !!!! he is facing a cotto who is now a shell of his former self !!!!!! a ccotto who has been mentally and physically abused by the likes of manny !!!!! manny beat him worse than margarita did and margarita had plaster in his wraps !!!!!!!! anyway win of loose votto will still at the end of the day have a much better resume than mayfeather and he can retire knowing he didnt duck and dodge anyone like mayfeather did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and another dynamic of the fight that hasnt been mentioned yet is fat joe and 50 cents !!!!! they dont like each other and im sure they will
              Freddie Roach-"Miguel hasnt been the same since Margarito ruined him".smh

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                Freddie Roach-"Miguel hasnt been the same since Margarito ruined him".smh
                So explain how Cotto wasn't good enough for Floyd when Cotto was making his famed WW run, but now, according to floyd, Cotto is one of the best fighters in the world right now? Especially after getting destroyed by Pac and Margo.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  So explain how Cotto wasn't good enough for Floyd when Cotto was making his famed WW run, but now, according to floyd, Cotto is one of the best fighters in the world right now? Especially after getting destroyed by Pac and Margo.
                  obviously he left top rank and BAM THE FIGHT WAS MADE

Comment

SHould be a great retirement check for Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X