Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali or Wladimir Klitschko - Who Is The More Exciting Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali was a much more exciting fighter. Also helps the fact he had a lot more definitive opposition throughout his career; unlike the Klitschko brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by croz View Post
      You should actually watch his fights some time.

Ali did not have a crowd friendly fighting style. For example you can count the exciting moments of this fight on one hand.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFFDe9FQL3s

Old fighters aren't held to the same level of criticism as today's fighters. New boxing fans will automatically praise old fighters just to fit into the crowd so inevitably they become untouchable. If Ali fought today we'd be talking about him in the same way we talk about Mayweather.
      The thing is Mayweather may not have an exciting style but he makes exciting fights; just like Ali. Boxing maybe a brutal sport but also is a sport with a type of knowledge and sophistication many sports don't have. Ali and Mayweather know this,took advantage and learned. Ali might have not been the most spectacular boxer to watch but his style, poise, charisma and all around ring general ship made Ali an amazing fighter to watch.

While some people watch (you maybe one) just to watch for the brutal aspect and more to you but there are people who do watch boxing for the sweet science, the actual boxing fundamentals actually be brought in the four corner circle!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        The thing is Mayweather may not have an exciting style but he makes exciting fights; just like Ali. Boxing maybe a brutal sport but also is a sport with a type of knowledge and sophistication many sports don't have. Ali and Mayweather know this,took advantage and learned. Ali might have not been the most spectacular boxer to watch but his style, poise, charisma and all around ring general ship made Ali an amazing fighter to watch.

While some people watch (you maybe one) just to watch for the brutal aspect and more to you but there are people who do watch boxing for the sweet science, the actual boxing fundamentals actually be brought in the four corner circle!
        I know more about boxing than these hacks who think black and white makes a condom taste better.

Boxers have boring fighting styles just like there are boring aspects of every sport. To say otherwise is delusional.
        Last edited by croz; 01-01-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Dude, Ali was Wlad on steroids from an excitement level. A few of Ali's most one-sided fights were twice as exciting as any fight Wlad's had. Incredible speed, incredible combinations, he's constantly talking trash, it's always a treat.

Then you throw in that Ali was in some of the greatest fights ever with Joe Frazier and George Foreman, this question is insulting to Ali.
          Yeah I already said that. Remove Ali's charisma and he is for the most part a dull fighter. Fighters who stay on the outside and jab are usually not considered fan friendly. And I already said Ali is the more exciting fighter, but being more exciting than Wlad isn't an accomplishment.

Comment

• Is this a joke? Wald is one of the most boring fighters of all time. HBO won't even buy his fights.

Comment

• It a matter of personal preference.

I eagerly anticipate and very much enjoy watching Wlad's fights (except for some rounds where his opponents go into complete survival mode and run, like Chambers round 3 until the KO, and Haye rounds 6 to 11).

I don't enjoy watching Ali's fights, I find his elusive style repetitive and boring. But I recognize he was a great boxer and I do realize a lot of people do enjoy watching him.

Different strokes for different folks. It's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                ali beat the lineal champ 3 times wlad 0
                Wlad wouldn't even be allowed near lineal "champs" like Frazier (who was blind on his left eye) and bum Leon Spinks (26-17). Sonny Liston won his lineage by beating 194 lbs Patterson. And Leon Spinks won his lineage by beating Ali himself.

*Yawn*

"Lineage" is way overrated.

The best win of Ali is against Foreman. But that win is tainted (as nearly all mention worthy wins of Ali).

Additionally your stats are wrong.
                Last edited by hweightblogger; 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
                  86% of people on this site have a brain
                  86% of people only watch Youtube clips of Ali with the most exciting moments sequentially arranged and 95% of the fights cut out.

Comment

Working...
                  X