Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnathon Banks Destroys Seth Mitchell in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell was never going to be the most skillful guy, he needed to be able to take a shot to amount to anything. That is easier said than done in the heavyweight division though~.

They should have moved Mitchell slower and maybe he could have developed a bit more.

Comment

great win for banks. i thought about the travis walker fight & i looked at mitchell to be similar to him but i thought with all the outside stuff happening & with mitchell's power i didn't think banks would make it past the 8th round. he gets the winner of arreola\stiverne for the mandatory WBC spot or if vitali vacates he will be fighting for the title. he also just picked up the NABO title which puts him in top 5 spot in the WBO as well. banks made the right choice vacating the NABF title instead of fighting tony grano. he is in a great position being one of the top 2 in the WBC.
      Last edited by joe strong; 11-17-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Mitchell was never going to be the most skillful guy, he needed to be able to take a shot to amount to anything. That is easier said than done in the heavyweight division though~.

They should have moved Mitchell slower and maybe he could have developed a bit more.
        More Bwa ha ah aha ha ba aha aahh ha. look the world ahs cought up, it aint about football and basket ball taking all the good US guys, its about numbers, and Eastern Europe is Cranking Big guys out like a pez despencer and we aint ever catching up again, Banks got got by you know who and he is low on the totam poll for guys from Erurope. People still thinks its about race, nope its about numbers, Chicken Legg You know who is next to get exposed

Comment

Damn

That sucks

Comment

So much for this heavyweight hopeful. Back to the drawing board

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
              More Bwa ha ah aha ha ba aha aahh ha. look the world ahs cought up, it aint about football and basket ball taking all the good US guys, its about numbers, and Eastern Europe is Cranking Big guys out like a pez despencer and we aint ever catching up again, Banks got got by you know who and he is low on the totam poll for guys from Erurope. People still thinks its about race, nope its about numbers, Chicken Legg You know who is next to get exposed
              I was never that big on Mitchell~

What do Europeans have to do with this fight, last I checked Banks is an American. Also last I checked two guys are dominating the heavyweight division, who happen to be brothers, good for them they are quality fighters the rest of the division American European or otherwise aren't close to them.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                is Seth really chinny, or does he not know the defense/have the experience of being hurt?
                Yeah it was like Banks said seth was grabbing his waste so he knew he could land hooks. The guy was flopping all over the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

mitchell just beat timur ibragimov & chazz witherspoon. those 2 are both decent heavyweights. both them guys beat all the journeymen but when they stepped up they got beat. he obliterated both those guys. he showed good heart & intelligence by hanging on to chazz. i said after that fight if a finisher (arreola) had mitchell hurt he would have been done. mitchell looks similar to guys like travis walker & tommy morrison. big muscular guys with great power & a suspect chin. it's all or nothing but these guys make exciting fights. i don't think mitchell can be written off yet. he's 30, still learning & has great power. he can still be a player in the division. he is a fringe contender & has to go to the back of the line. he has slowly fought better guys & he got beat by an experienced fighter. i had banks as a C+ before this fight & mitchell a B. i now have both of them at B level as fringe contenders...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    mitchell just beat timur ibragimov & chazz witherspoon. those 2 are both decent heavyweights. both them guys beat all the journeymen but when they stepped up they got beat. he obliterated both those guys. he showed good heart & intelligence by hanging on to chazz. i said after that fight if a finisher (arreola) had mitchell hurt he would have been done. mitchell looks similar to guys like travis walker & tommy morrison. big muscular guys with great power & a suspect chin. it's all or nothing but these guys make exciting fights. i don't think mitchell can be written off yet. he's 30, still learning & has great power. he can still be a player in the division. he is a fringe contender & has to go to the back of the line. he has slowly fought better guys & he got beat by an experienced fighter. i had banks as a C+ before this fight & mitchell a B. i now have both of them at B level as fringe contenders...
                    To me he still had a lot to learn, that Witherspoon fight sure he survived and responded well but he needed to figure out a way to not allow that to happen again. Loses go one of two ways either a guy learns something and improves or they fall off, it could go either way.

I would just say the fact that Mitchell has got hurt so bad in that last two fights is not a good sign for him long term considering he will never be a master technical boxer.

Comment

LMFAOOOOO American Heavyweights

Comment

Working...
                      X