No announcement yet.

WBC Will Start Same Day Weigh-Ins Starting July 1st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
    They used to do that a long time ago...its more riskier for the fighters too. I think the day before weigh in is so much better so fighters can be re-hydrated or somewhat re-hydrated.
    Its the same crap

Only difference is that 90% of fighters would simply fight a division or 2 higher, where they're natural weight would be

Guys like Geurerro and Rios would be WWs fighting guys like Pac, Floyd, JMM who would also be there because theyre basically the same size

Drain 20 pounds the night before is just as dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      lol to JCC jr
      10% of his weight allows JCC to weigh in at 176 the morning of the fight. That is still 2 divisions higher than he is fighting at. I really don't think this new rule does anything. If a 5% rule was implemented it would be more meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        CHAVEZ jr will have to move to heavyweight
        This had me

Comment

It not just just the 10% more importantly it is the roughly 12 hours you will still have after the same day weigh-in to put on weight above the 10%.

It is really useless crappy rule. It will change nothing, I can guarantee it.

Someone mentioned both Floyd and Pac could benefit from it. Since it' won't allowed above 161 well that is 12 hours before the fight. By the time they get in the ring a fighter can still easily be 164-167 as a WW.

The rule does nothing when you have 10% add on being weighed in so early in the morning.

Comment

It seems like this rule will not stop a guy like Chavez from exploiting his size advantage. Can someone explain the upside to this, cuz i'm not understanding what is the point of implementing such a rule.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 07-01-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Useless. The post on the first page already explains why.

Comment

I'm confused...

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                  I'm confused...
                  about what part?

Comment

Working...
                  X