Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: Khan Made it Personal, I Will Take Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook: Khan Made it Personal, I Will Take Him Out!

KELL BROOK would throw away his world ­title shot for a mega­bucks crack at fellow Brit and rival Amir Khan.

But Brook may have to first ­secure a world title before Bolton boy Khan will even consider stepping up from light-welterweight.

The Sheffield star smashed ­Argentine Hector Saldivia in just three rounds on Saturday night to set himself up for a long-awaited shot at the IBF welterweight crown held by Devon Alexander.

After flooring Saldivia in the first round with a big uppercut, Brook finished the job in the third, with a stiff jab finally ending the contest. ­Alexander won the title with a win over Randall Bailey in New York just hours after Brook won.

Brook, 26, has been waiting years for his chance at world glory, but would give it all up for a chance to face Khan, 25 in his next outing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So what is the point of having world title eliminators for 2 years? Is that another form of ducking or what?

Khan is already making millions so god knows what Hearn is willing to offer to get Khan. It will be a huge fight but Kell needs to get a world title and then start the money talk.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
      So what is the point of having world title eliminators for 2 years? Is that another form of ducking or what?

Khan is already making millions so god knows what Hearn is willing to offer to get Khan. It will be a huge fight but Kell needs to get a world title and then start the money talk.
      Exactly what I was thinking brook is starting to look like a ***** , turning down Bradley now alaxander is there and he would rather khan who's coming off two losses

Comment

Anyone remember when Khan said he lets his fists do the talking in response to Angel Garcia?

Funny ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Anyone remember when Khan said he lets his fists do the talking in response to Angel Garcia?

Funny ****.
          To be honest, Garcia looked liked an amateur against Khan in the first 2½ rounds against Khan. His swinging shots were out of desperation and he got lucky and landed one - and Amir's chin is not great. But I still reckon that if Garcia met a good fighter he would get schooled. Even Khan could take him in a rematch I reckon. However, at this moment in time I see Khan beating Kell Brook. Brook needs to step up his opponents. They've had the same amount of fights, but Khan has been in 10 straight world title fights and won 3 belts. Kell will get there maybe. I'd like to see him fight some of the guys Khan have been fighting. Peterson, Maidana, Kotelnik maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
            Exactly what I was thinking brook is starting to look like a ***** , turning down Bradley now alaxander is there and he would rather khan who's coming off two losses
            The only one who'll be turning down the fight is Alexander. Ideally, Brook wants the world title and then the Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              The only one who'll be turning down the fight is Alexander. Ideally, Brook wants the world title and then the Khan fight.
              Totally agree. Also think Brook will school Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Capaedia

Funny ****.

To be honest, Garcia looked liked an amateur against Khan in the first 2½ rounds against Khan. His swinging shots were out of desperation and he got lucky and landed one - and Amir's chin is not great. But I still reckon that if Garcia met a good fighter he would get schooled. Even Khan could take him in a rematch I reckon. However, at this moment in time I see Khan beating Kell Brook. Brook needs to step up his opponents. They've had the same amount of fights, but Khan has been in 10 straight world title fights and won 3 belts. Kell will get there maybe. I'd like to see him fight some of the guys Khan have been fighting. Peterson, Maidana, Kotelnik maybe.
                To be honest, you dont know what you are talking about. Lucky? Very funny.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                  To be honest, Garcia looked liked an amateur against Khan in the first 2½ rounds against Khan. His swinging shots were out of desperation and he got lucky and landed one - and Amir's chin is not great.
                  Despite "looking like an amateur" Garcia was hitting him right from the start more and more as the fight went on despite it being a short fight.

He was finding his timing at the start, and we all know what happened once his timing caught up. He cracked his chin and gave him another KO loss.

They weren't desperate swings, they were getting more and more accurate because he was making adjustments.

Garcia was the less gifted, smarter fighter. What did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    Despite "looking like an amateur" Garcia was hitting him right from the start more and more as the fight went on despite it being a short fight.

He was finding his timing at the start, and we all know what happened once his timing caught up. He cracked his chin and gave him another KO loss.

They weren't desperate swings, they were getting more and more accurate because he was making adjustments.

Garcia was the less gifted, smarter fighter. What did you expect?
                    Go and look at the fight again and see him missing with big swinging left and right hooks. Khan was a little to ballsy and thought his chin could handle it, but it couldn't. Garcia didn't even have his eyes on him, he just swung. I thought it looked like an amateur in there, but props to him for making the kill in the end. If khan had kept going in and out and not traded, he would have won it comfortably because Garcia was getting schooled in there. But we'll see the rematch. And hopefully Garcia will fight someone a bit more skilled in the future and you will see.

Comment

Working...
                    X