Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree and like I believe it was TBear that said it, he sure was always exciting to watch.

Comment

Just meh.

You can't be an attacking fighter if you can't take a shot.

Good enough offensive fighter, but never world champion material.

Plus, Sylvester Stallone whupped him in an alley fight.

Comment

I'd rather have more Tommy Morrisons in the sport than Chad Dawsons.

Comment

I always remember when Michael bent sparked him. That was a pretty brutal KO.

Comment

I know Larry Holmes used to knock him and say he was overrated. He was a dynamite puncher, though. He had an awesome left hook that kinda rivals prime Cooney's. I always wondered what kind of fight he and Gerry would have had. Tommy's only problem was his chin seemed to be a bit suspect. If he had a Tyson or Holyfield chin he may've had more success. I thought he should have worked on his defense a bit moreso, as well. He put punches together beautifully especially toward the end of the Ruddock fight. God bless him. Let's pray we don't lose him to illness.

Comment

Tommy's fight either he got KOed or he KOed somebody. Either way would come in spectacular manner no matter which way the KO came

He did party a lot and with his weak chin it wasn't a good recipe. That dude had one of the best left hooks that Ive ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Tommy's fight either he got KOed or he KOed somebody. Either way would come in spectacular manner no matter which way the KO came

He did party a lot and with his weak chin it wasn't a good recipe. That dude had one of the best left hooks that Ive ever seen

I'll always remember Morrison for being totally exposed by Lennox Lewis. But he sure did have a sweet left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I'll always remember Morrison for being totally exposed by Lennox Lewis. But he sure did have a sweet left hook.
                  Exposed by Lennox Lewis??!!! I don't see how he can seriously be faulted for that. Lewis exposed practically everyone he's ever been in the ring with.

Comment

Huge power, some speed, good size but a weak chin. A good contender but he wouldn't beat the 90's best heavys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                      Exposed by Lennox Lewis??!!! I don't see how he can seriously be faulted for that. Lewis exposed practically everyone he's ever been in the ring with.

Lets not get too carried away here. Lewis barely beat Ray Mercer and looked like crap against Zeljko Mavrovic. He also got clocked by McCall and Rahman. But he did expose Tommy Morrison as less than a top class heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X