No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Expects Mayweather vs. Canelo To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Expects Mayweather vs. Canelo To Happen

With an impending jail sentence about to start in a matter of days and Juan Manuel Marquez angling for a November date with Manny Pacquiao, it seems to be more and more likely that Floyd Mayweather Jr. will find himself against someone other than the Filipino icon the next time he sets foot inside of a ring.

Mayweather’s popularity is still at its peak, a fact further evidenced from the 1.5 million pay-per-view buys he generated with his May 5th victory over Miguel Cotto. Facing the formidable Puerto Rican inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Mayweather found a way to overcome Cotto’s aggression, countering him throughout the night as he pulled out a unanimous decision verdict by scores of 118-110 and 117-111 twice.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hate to say it but of course it's going to happen because Pac vs Floyd isn't going to happen and the two biggest money makers in the sport right now are Canelo and Floyd (Pac is on that list of course but that fight isn't happening)

Comment

Originally posted by jusdippin
      canelo will be the one to take that 0
      i thought pac is the one to take that 0? oh because they're not fighting yet and theres rumors of canelo getting floyd, HE is gonna be the one to take that zero?

Im gonna go out on a limb and say whoever is announced to fight floyd, THATS the guy to take that zero, 100%!!!! before we were all wrong, but this time, this is the one!!!!

Comment

curious @ what catchwt as FM won't give him 2 much wt difference ...FM , as of now will pick Alvarez apart & W UD 12...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          curious @ what catchwt as FM won't give him 2 much wt difference ...FM , as of now will pick Alvarez apart & W UD 12...
          why the need for a catchweight?? they're both 154 lb champs. this ain't pacquiao that we're talking about here .....

Comment

I love how everyone points out may 5- 1.5 mil buys and floyd is at his peak. Seems to me if canelo vs ham and egger and cotto vs ham and egger on the same card would probably do 850k on cinco de mayo without mayweather. Floyd was smart to put that card togeather, what isn't smart is talkin like floyd the main thing there. mexicans and puerto rican's would have supported that card with or without him. we the fans are whats holding up the manny floyd fight by buying everything and anything these to greedy clowns do. If no-one bought either fighters ppv's for a year, i'm positive we would all get what we want. peace ya'll

Comment

If the money making opponents (outside of Pacquiao) are either Canelo or Martinez. The obvious choice is Canelo. Big name with no experience against real competition nor fighting in a megafight. Hopefully Team Canelo will pass on fighting Mayweather in 2012 and 2013. It will force Mayweather to choose a rematch with Ortiz or another B-side fighter making much less than 1.2 million ppv buys.

I really don't think Floyd would choose to fight Martinez before Pacquiao. Much too big a risk for less reward.

Comment

It would be nice to see that fight and for Canelo to win.

Comment

Canelo Stops Mayweather! After Cotto, Floyd Learned He's Not Able To Dominate!

Floyd was hopeful Cotto didn't have as much in the tank as was learned. Floyd didn't give the fans what they wanted in a toe to toe fight as he described, he fought toe to toe because he had to. He couldn't keep Cotto off him, he couldn't hurt Cotto, and was forced into a brawl. This is what happens when you miss guess on hand picking an opponent. He made Cotto and Mosley wait for more than 10 years before he'd get in the ring with either. He nearly guess wrong with Shane who almost had him KO'd in 2, and he guess wrong with Cotto having more fight left than he hoped for. This is why Floyd won't get in the ring with Pacquiao yet... He's not convinced Pacquiao is no longer dangerous. Canelo would drag Floyd hence why I don't see that fight happening.... Floyd will crawl out of the klink, hand pick someone non-threatening to shake off his ring rust, and prolong the wait for a Canelo or a Pacquaio fight which will never happen. Manny offered 45/45 split with the WINNER getting the xtra 10%, and Floyd told him NO. Tells you all you need to know. Floyd doesn't think he has enough to beat Manny now, which is why Manny has waited more than 3 years for Floyd... Floyd wouldn't even fight Maidana who destroyed Ortiz in 6 rounds, yet Floyd chose Ortiz anyway.... Maidana was too dangerous. Floyd, grow a pair.

Comment

Oh well. I couldn't care less if this fight happen or not, it's a high-risk low-reward fight. Mayweather-Pacquiao will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X