Vanes Martirosyan:Medicore At Best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a C level fighter

Comment

where are all the vanes fans that were screaming that vanes is good lol the guy sucks c fighter at most

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
        where are all the vanes fans that were screaming that vanes is good lol the guy sucks c fighter at most
        I think he can make for very good fights with his style,I see fights with JCC and Alvarez as toss up fights..He is trying to hold out for either and not take a lose before he can reach that kinda pay day..He is a decent fighter and has the ability to be very exciting when he finally makes the step up...

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          Medicore? Is he sick?
          It's Obama's new healthcare plan.

MEDICORE.

Beats the **** outta your Medicare and Medicaid

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
            Could only defeat Richard Gutierrez by decision.

Alfredo Angullo, Yudel Jhonson, & Zaurbek Baysangurov all stopped Gutierrez. But Vanes can only do it on points?

Vanes was also dropped by Saul Roman, was given a gift vs a shot Ouma and had a stinker vs Joe Greene.

I thought Vanes was a good fighter, but by recent performances am having douts.
            Dude is average and he runs his mouth too much

Comment

I watched Vanes for years now and I'm still waiting for his breakout performance against a top opponent. Having said that, I'm not giving up on him. I think he's a solid fighter. He fights good from the outside, has solid footwork and defensive skills and he throws a good variety of different punches. Against Gutierrez, he pitched a near shutout through out working and out boxing his man....

However, Martirosyan needs to step up to the next level and fight someone who's a real challenge. I think he missed a great opportunity by passing up a fight with Angulo. That was a very winnable fight and would have helped his career immensely...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I watched Vanes for years now and I'm still waiting for his breakout performance against a top opponent. Having said that, I'm not giving up on him. I think he's a solid fighter. He fights good from the outside, has solid footwork and defensive skills and he throws a good variety of different punches. Against Gutierrez, he pitched a near shutout through out working and out boxing his man....

However, Martirosyan needs to step up to the next level and fight someone who's a real challenge. I think he missed a great opportunity by passing up a fight with Angulo. That was a very winnable fight and would have helped his career immensely...
                Vanes has talent but he lacks pop and he fatigues. Alvarez would break him down and walk through his punches. JCC is a toss up....

If Vanes didn't act like he was so good without really having proven it yet, I'd be higher on him but he talks a good game and doesn't really put on a show against mediocre competition.

Comment

dude is joke. Did any one see his last fight? He fought like infront of 50 people that place was empty as fck.
                  Instead of cashing out against angulo

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Vanes has talent but he lacks pop and he fatigues. Alvarez would break him down and walk through his punches. JCC is a toss up....

If Vanes didn't act like he was so good without really having proven it yet, I'd be higher on him but he talks a good game and doesn't really put on a show against mediocre competition.
                    I think Vanes would do good against Canelo. He's fights pretty good on the outside, his punches are sharp, he uses distance and moves pretty well. Martirosyan is also harder puncher than Gomez; and Gomez had success in picking his shots and out working Alvarez (I don't remember my exact scorecard but I had Gomez winning at least two rounds) at times.

Also, I can't fault a fighter for "acting like he's good." Confidence is a good quality for a fighter to have. But I get your point, he's talks a lot of smack and hasn't really done **** to back it up or to really prove he is the good fighter that he claims he is...

Comment

Working...
                    X