No announcement yet.

12/21/12 is almost here. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdWins View Post

You may be right about the Pagans, that's not my area of expertise but I can assure you that's not the case with the Maya/Olmec. The Olmec predate the Maya by a few thousand years, they had no contact or association with eachother. The Aztecs however did save a lot of the Mayan writings, like the Dresden Codex and scribes. But even though the Maya laid the foundation for Aztec civilization, the Aztec developed their own belief systems and writings.
    That's interesting.

Eh? A tad bit extreme don't you think? Obviously the world is in a very messed up state right now, but contrary to what many pessimists would like to believe, many people are already beginning to wake up and question the circumstances of the world. In a sense, mankind is already becoming 'enlightened' that's why the world is so tense right now among other reasons..
    No, I don't think so. Humans are animals at heart and will always be greedy and power hungry until an evolutionary change takes place. I don't think anyone is waking up and realising that the world is messed up and going about trying to change it. Everything is about money, riches, power and influence and unless something huge happens it always will be.

Well yeah, I didn't say the Mayans were better astronomers than the hubble telescope lol, but they were in fact among the most advanced astronomers of the ancient world, and though I'm not quite sure if they were able to form algebraic equations, their system of mathematics and their mathematical achievements are world renowned. Even the Spanish were absolutely stunned by the writings of the Mayans and Aztecs, so much so that they deemed it the work of the devil,
    Yes those people were advanced in terms of maths but I doubt they could make any predictions using their mathematics/astronomy that we couldnd't using ours which is much more advanced.

The Europeans couldn't even grasp the concept of the zero, the Mayans had been teaching these concepts, and others that Europeans couldn't grasp, such as the world being round and not flat, since their beginnings.
    A lot of learning was ceased throughout Europe and the Middle East due to religion, good thing the Maya didn't suffer from such ridiculous flaws in their beliefs.

Comment

I always see 11:11 -- got this the other day:

My favourite number has always been 11 for no reason. Which is funny because I can't stand any numbers that end in a 1.

Comment

Things sure have been weird as of late...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
          Things sure have been weird as of late...
          To say that things are WEIRD as of late is a true understatement.

The important thing to consider is to be PREPARED.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
            I hope you are right, I really do.
            Keep watching that walking dead.. end of the world nonsense... seems to be your favorite show... BTW NOTHING WILL HAPPEN on 12/12/12.

Comment

Working...
            X