Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao be where he is today without Roach/Ariza? Give you're thoughts...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not. Pacquiao was already a damn good fighter before Roach, but he never would have become the great he is now.

Comment

Yes- Because he would still have Arum.

Pac is an Arum creation and imo he hasnt really improved on a technical level so i dont put much stock into what roach has done and you can find a decent nutritionist anywhere.

basically i dont think pac has gotten better, just his promotion and matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
        Yes- Because he would still have Arum.

Pac is an Arum creation and imo he hasnt really improved on a technical level so i dont put much stock into what roach has done and you can find a decent nutritionist anywhere.

basically i dont think pac has gotten better, just his promotion and matchmaking.
        so boxers only win fights thanks to match making? No work needed huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
          so boxers only win fights thanks to match making? No work needed huh?
          I wouldn't take that comment to seriously.

Comment

Yes PAC would still be where he's at today with or without roach. Any good trainer would have seen pac's flaws and correct it just like what roach did. Are u guys telling me only roach can see pacman's flaws and only roach knows how to correct it?

Comment

Originally posted by FREE WILLY View Post
              I don't think so, Manny defiantly would not be.
              He needed alot of work with Freddie and as gifted as he is, is not as gifted as say someone like Mayweather jr.

Who could probably train himself right now.
              He'd be nothing without the roids, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                Yes PAC would still be where he's at today with or without roach. Any good trainer would have seen pac's flaws and correct it just like what roach did. Are u guys telling me only roach can see pacman's flaws and only roach knows how to correct it?
                Yes but what about Ariza?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
                  Roach is a hell of a trainer. I'll give him that. Pacquiao might or might not have succeeded with him, but he would have still needed a good trainer and it could have possibly taken longer. Ariza is a must. Even more important than Roach. Where else would Manny get his steroids from?
                  I think the most important person who aided MannyP to his presen t status is Bob Arum. Without him he would never have become a global icon. His talent were always there and he was a good champion before he ever met Freddie oach or Ariza. Any decent trainer could make sure a boxer used BOTH hands and didn't rely on just one. A right hook, which he uses well today, is as basic a weapon as a left hook for a righthander. It takes only a Boxingscene poster to see that. All the rest he already had. Including stamina and power. He grew into
                  144 lbs, and he had been heading there during his whole career. Agter he finished his full growth at approx 25 years of age, it was a natural procession. He stayed only a short time at the lesser weights because he was still developing into a short stocky, powerfully built man.

I recently saw a fighting picture of Sam Langford. I had always wondered how he was able to fight at 177 lbs when only about 5'6" or 5'7". Then I saw that he was built like Sam Peter, shaped like a barrel, with obviously huge lungs and plenty of muscle. Manny P is the same, on a smaller scale, short and solid.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                    I absolutely agree with you. Any half decent trainer could see where he was needing to develop. And he already had all the rest. It was HE who made the Roach into a big name in training.

Comment

No, Pacquiao looks beatable in fights with Nedal Hussain, Agapito Sanchez and that russian guy who knock him down in a non-title bout, imagine if his trainer isnt Freddie Roach.

Comment

Working...
                      X