Froch's resume - nothing legendary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I agree.

Dawson asked for it so I'm guessing he believes he can make the weight healthily but you would think that would be difficult considering he's been at 175 for so long.

I'm guessing IF he can make the weight then he'll just take any fight between 168-175.

I guess we'll find out at the weigh in or the opening bell.
    he already looks a little skinny to me at 175 but I suppose most of that will be water weight he'll lose, so in reality he probably only has to lose 3-4 pounds then dehydrate the rest before weigh in. But we'll see, it's risky on his part and he deserves credit for challenging ward at his weight, when easily I'm sure they could have agreed on a catchweight or he would have every right to demand Ward come up to 175.

Comment

• Dawson claims to walk at 178, claiming he only drops down 3-4 pounds, and if I'm not mistaken I've even seen him at 173 at the scales once. I'd have to believe him because every time I see him in interviews outside the ring not fighting. He looks like he can just enter the ring without training. So maybe it won't be THAT hard to drop down 10lbs from his walking weight. This is not exactly Ricky Hatton, or Erik Morales we're talking about here. Who do not/did not take care of themselves like proffessionals between fights. Eating a lot and drinking a lot, Dawson doesn't do that to his body. He doesn't abuse it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Dawson claims to walk at 178, claiming he only drops down 3-4 pounds, and if I'm not mistaken I've even seen him at 173 at the scales once. I'd have to believe him because every time I see him in interviews outside the ring not fighting. He looks like he can just enter the ring without training. So maybe it won't be THAT hard to drop down 10lbs from his walking weight. This is not exactly Ricky Hatton, or Erik Morales we're talking about here. Who do not/did not take care of themselves like proffessionals between fights. Eating a lot and drinking a lot, Dawson doesn't do that to his body. He doesn't abuse it.
        yeah that's a good point, he is good shape. I think of Hopkins when he weighed in at 156 against Oscar and looked perfectly fine physically. in today's standard having to lose 1 extra pound is being 'OMG so weight drained!!!!!!1!!" but I think if you're in good shape like Dawson is he can probably pull it off just fine.

Another lesser example is Glen Johnson moved down from 175 to 168 after 10 years or whatever it was and looked great at his debut against Green. Him losing to Froch/bute had more to do with him just being old than weight imo.

Comment

• Respect for Froch..... No matter what u think of his resume

Comment

Working...
          X