Is bodybuilding the ideal self defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    depends what you mean by tank.

if you're talking about some light apc or infantry fighting vehicle , sure.

maybe even the older , lighter tanks like t-55 , t-62 , m-26 tanks.

against a modern tank like a challenger 2 or merkava mk iv , takedowns by itself won't do.
    what about one of these?

Comment

I beleive it certainly helps.. if for instances two people are equally skilled in fighting and one of the does lift weights for strength i say the guy who pump weights wins..

it depends what you mean by bodybuilding.. because its the way u train are you trainning for size? are you training for strength and muscle endurance? trainning strength and muscle endurance certainly helps

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        what about one of these?

further proof tanks don't know any takedown or submission defense.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
          I beleive it certainly helps.. if for instances two people are equally skilled in fighting and one of the does lift weights for strength i say the guy who pump weights wins..
          But what if the other guy is twice as fast?

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
            Nah, no one is gonna bother dealing with 220+ pound hulk. You all got to understand that if you are that big by the way of bodybuilding you are also insanely strong. So, while you are no pro fighter, you got enough strength and explosiveness to choke any street tough.

A lot of people are naive to think that meatheads are slow, the whole nature of bodybuilding involves huge amounts of explosive movements, so while these guys may not be the swiftest 5 mile runners, you dont wanna mess with them in close distances.
            Strength doesn't always mean you can fight. I have seen and heard of bodybuilders getting the absolute **** kicked out of the in streetfights, by guys who aren't even trained fighters.

And like I said, yeah they aren't as likely to get picked, but if someone who is actually tough has an issue with someone, size isn't going to dissuade them.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              Strength doesn't always mean you can fight. I have seen and heard of bodybuilders getting the absolute **** kicked out of the in streetfights, by guys who aren't even trained fighters.

And like I said, yeah they aren't as likely to get picked, but if someone who is actually tough has an issue with someone, size isn't going to dissuade them.
              It is completely possible that someone untrained could have beat the bodybuilder, maybe by the way of ambushing and hitting the guy fast enough to make him disoriented, possible, but not likely. The guy that can dead or squat 400+ pounds will simply throw any 180+ person like a rag doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                what about if he only has one leg, BUT one of his hands is a baseball bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                  building strength and muscle endurnce don't slow you down.. athletes/ruby players do powerlifting training for all time.. the only time it slows you down is if you are building size.

Floyd mayweather, Shane mosley and many more does weights.. and they are one of the fastest in their division

if your naturally fast then that's a bless but weights don't slow you down if you training it right, hence it can help you many ways

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                    what about if he only has one leg, BUT one of his hands is a baseball bat.
                    Then you rip off his arm and hit him in the good leg, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
                      building strength and muscle endurnce don't slow you down.. athletes/ruby players do powerlifting training for all time.. the only time it slows you down is if you are building size.

Floyd mayweather, Shane mosley and many more does weights.. and they are one of the fastest in their division

if your naturally fast then that's a bless but weights don't slow you down if you training it right, hence it can help you many ways
                      I didn't say it slowed you down.

What if the other guy is naturally twice as fast?

Comment

Working...
                      X