Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's pretty good at what he does. too bad he's too old already and was a late bloomer. we might not see the matches we want to see him involve with anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Well, both Ortiz and Cotto are much better wins than the likes of Macklin, Barker and Murray.
      Ortiz is no better than Macklin level. He lost to Lopez. Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
        Ortiz is no better than Macklin level. He lost to Lopez. Lopez.
        I guess they're comparable.

Losing to Lopez is possibly as bad as being knocked out cold by Jamie Moore.

Comment

Great fighter. But fighting the likes of Barker, Murray, and a Chavez rematch do absolutely nothing for him.

Comment

I guess they're comparable.

Losing to Lopez is possibly as bad as being knocked out cold by Jamie Moore.
            Ya and Maidana before him. The writing was on the wall. Goes to show how weak the 147 lb division is. People move up from 140 to win belts now hahaha

Comment

Ya and Maidana before him. The writing was on the wall. Goes to show how weak the 147 lb division is. People move up from 140 to win belts now hahaha
              147 is certainly weak. Ortiz being #2 when Mayweather fought him is testament to that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Great fighter. But fighting the likes of Barker, Murray, and a Chavez rematch do absolutely nothing for him.
                but what other choices did he have? IMO, he shouldve stayed at 154. angulo, kirkland, etc were good names to have at the time.... 160 is a wasteland.

Comment

147 is certainly weak. Ortiz being #2 when Mayweather fought him is testament to that.
                  And of course you can only fight the contenders available, I'm just saying for the best fighter in the world, Ortiz and Cotto are just ok. At least Martinez is active for only being a top 5 guy.

Comment

you are right on this, Guerrero, Alexander and Bradley, all move up and got their belts so easily this year. And Maidana has a chance too. Yet, i donīt know if this new WWs can beat the top fighters of 140, i'm talking about JMM, Matthysse, Garcia and Rios.

Comment

great fighter. great attributes. great crowd-pleaser. overall perfect fighter.... he is technically sound and is willing to brawl.... only knock on him is his resume.... which is a MAJOR one.

it all depends if pavlik, p-will, & chavez are enough for him to be considered great...

i think he needs to drop to 154 since he is unwilling to go to 168.... he got options @ 154: floyd, canelo, trout, cotto, lara, angulo, kirkland.

and ALL those fights are winnable.

Comment

Working...
                      X