Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argentina vs Mexico, Sept 15th Book it!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argentina vs Mexico, Sept 15th Book it!!!

VS

This is my Fantasy card for Sept 15, an Argentina vs Mexico affair, rate it and feel free to post your own!

Main Event: Sergio Gabriel Martinez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
    Co-Main Event: Lucas Mathysse vs Juan Manuel Marquez
    Marcos Maidana vs Humberto Soto
    Omar Andres Narvaez vs Hugo Fidel Cazarez

^In this video, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. eluded to somewhat of a soccer rivalry between Argentina and Mexico, Argentina knocked Mexico out of the world cup twice, once in the 2006 world cup in Germany, then once again at the last world cup in South Africa 2010. "But we all know in Boxing, Mexicans always beat Argentinians" says Chavez, I think he missed Mathysse vs Soto :/

So, who would win these fights? And could there possibly be a new boxing rivalry between Mexico and Argentina? After Soto-Mathysse, we seriously need to seek out vengeance!! heh, not really... but still! Now if Martinez KOs Chavez like everyone is saying, I think we might be on to something

In the presser they did mention that they want to put a great undercard on especially since it's PPV.

Hopefully that's the case.

Chavez said that "Argentina always beats us (Mexico) in soccer, but we beat you in boxing" and then he goes on to say "You've already been knocked out by a Mexican, why not make it two?"
    Last edited by Panginoon; 07-10-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
      In the presser they did mention that they want to put a great undercard on especially since it's PPV.

Hopefully that's the case.

Chavez said that "Argentina always beats us (Mexico) in soccer, but we beat you in boxing" and then he goes on to say "You've already been knocked out by a Mexican, why not make it two?"
      Yeah I know Top Rank is gonna go hard on the undercard for this event so they can outdo GBP, Canelo-Lopez, which I reckon wont be too difficult for them to pull off. The only incentive to watch Lopez-Canelo is that it's (reportedly) going to be on free network television, but even that isn't going to sway me away from Chavez Jr-Martinez. This fight is like 2 or 3 years in the making

Comment

I'm Mexican but Martinez is going to full expose Chavez Jr. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
          Maybe Arum can arrange another controversial decision...

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
            Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            Maybe Arum can arrange another controversial decision...
            imo (post from another thread)

I am one of the people that actually thinks Chavez Jr. is going to win and I'll explain why:

Andy Lee doesn't = Martinez, but on the flipside Chavez Jr. doesn't = Mathew Macklin, and I have watched Martinez-Macklin very closely, and what I saw was vulnerablity on the part of Martinez when under pressure. He has an arrogant style, which is crowd pleasing and impressive the way he executes it, but he does get hit. Mathew Macklin was getting to Martinez, he marked up his face pretty good, and I remember very clearly having macklin actually ahead on the card up until the stoppage (Although I've only had 1 viewing). Chavez Jr. is a much bigger and much stronger version of Mackin, who is a monster body puncher, and is just physically overwhelming and Martinez isn't active enough to keep this type of aggressive fighter at bay, he seems to fight in outbursts or spurts.

Chavez Jr. is obviously going to have a considerable size advantage, and the question becomes: How does Martinez deal with the pressure from a much bigger, much stronger, Chavez Jr? My best guess is that Martinez will not be able to handle this pressure. Macklin got to Sergio and even busted sergio up a bit and Macklin is much weaker than Chavez. One of the most critical advantages I forgot to mention about Chavez, is that he also has a strong chin. So add all that up:

Chavez Physically Stronger
            Chavez Physically Bigger
            Chavez Granite Chin
            Chavez relentless pressure
            Chavez Body punching that Sergio isn't used to

versus

Martinez superior hand speed
            Martinez superior boxing ability
            Martinez superior reflexes

=

Martinez outboxing Chavez for about 6 or 7 rounds then being systematically broken down physically and mentally.

Just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong tho..

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post

I am one of the people that actually thinks Chavez Jr. is going to win and I'll explain why:

Andy Lee doesn't = Martinez, but on the flipside Chavez Jr. doesn't = Mathew Macklin, and I have watched Martinez-Macklin very closely, and what I saw was vulnerablity on the part of Martinez when under pressure. He has an arrogant style, which is crowd pleasing and impressive the way he executes it, but he does get hit. Mathew Macklin was getting to Martinez, he marked up his face pretty good, and I remember very clearly having macklin actually ahead on the card up until the stoppage (Although I've only had 1 viewing). Chavez Jr. is a much bigger and much stronger version of Mackin, who is a monster body puncher, and is just physically overwhelming and Martinez isn't active enough to keep this type of aggressive fighter at bay, he seems to fight in outbursts or spurts.

Chavez Jr. is obviously going to have a considerable size advantage, and the question becomes: How does Martinez deal with the pressure from a much bigger, much stronger, Chavez Jr? My best guess is that Martinez will not be able to handle this pressure. Macklin tgot to Sergio and even busted sergio up a bit and Macklin is much weaker than Chavez. One of the most critical advantages I forgot to mention about Chavez, is that he also has a strong chin. So add all that up:

Chavez Physically Bigger
              Chavez Granite Chin

versus

=

Martinez outboxing Chavez for about 6 or 7 rounds then being systematically broken down physically and mentally.

Good post. I also think Jr will win for the exact same reasons you mentioned.

Comment

i think i heard they also having a soccer match where martinez n jr are the team captains

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post

Chavez Jr. is obviously going to have a considerable size advantage, and the question becomes: How does Martinez deal with the pressure from a much bigger, much stronger, Chavez Jr? My best guess is that Martinez will not be able to handle this pressure. Macklin got to Sergio and even busted sergio up a bit and Macklin is much weaker than Chavez. One of the most critical advantages I forgot to mention about Chavez, is that he also has a strong chin. So add all that up:

Chavez Physically Bigger
                  Chavez Granite Chin

versus

=

I've got Chavez JR losing based on his inexperience with foes who give him angles.

Much (if not all) Of Chavez JR former opponents stood in front of him and traded, this will NOT be the case in one of the most important fights of his career with more than just a formidable foe in Martinez.

Couple this with Sergio being a south paw who also has decent foot-work and the faster hands.

I respect your assessment nonetheless.

Comment

Even Macklin himself said the only reason he was doing well was his concerted effort to fight defensively. As soon as his hands dropped a little, he got dropped himself. Chavez doesn't have anywhere near the skills nor mentality to fight in a defensive mentality, he is a bully. Martinez grew up beating up on bullies, so you know that he is going to be in kill mode for this fight.

Once Chavez realizes that Martinez won't just stand there, he will get frustrated and start clowning in the ring, playing to the crowd to downplay getting countered. He will then attempt to bum-rush Sergio and get caught and hurt badly.

Take a look at my sig, Macklin had his hands up and got caught flush when he tried to throw the left hook......Chavez' favorite punch. It'll either be the jab tagging him once he starts to throw the left or the left coming right behind it while his face is wide open (due to his lack of defense). I know Chavez has a great chin which is why I think he won't care about getting tagged......until he starts getting tagged and his face starts to give way. You can't learn defense mid-fight, you can't pull a 180 from an offensive machine to a defensive wizard on the drop of a dime.
                    Last edited by mathed; 07-10-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X