No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Graham Tips Mayweather, Tells Cotto To Pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Graham Tips Mayweather, Tells Cotto To Pressure

Billy Graham, the former trainer of Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton, is currently pottering about his Atlanta, Georgia estate catching snakes, enjoying the surrounding swampland and counting down the days until Floyd Mayweather meets Miguel Cotto for Cotto’s WBA “Super” light-middleweight world title. A self-confessed lover of nature and especially boxers with natural ability, Graham never misses an opportunity to watch Mayweather in action and is excited about the clash of two contrasting styles at MGM Grand, Las Vegas this Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

Sorry, don't want to hear from Billy Graham. Him and others like him make British boxing a laughing stock with their neanderthal, white-van-man, 'ave-a-go attitude.

Comment

He stays in Atlanta. That is random.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
        Sorry, don't want to hear from Billy Graham. Him and others like him make British boxing a laughing stock with their neanderthal, white-van-man, 'ave-a-go attitude.
        this is spot on

Comment

If you don't want to hear then don't read the article. Billy Graham's clearly achieved more and forgot more than you've ever learnt about the sport of boxing. I find his assessment on Tommy Hearns spot on aswell; Hearns had the style that could/would have beat Floyd at welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
            this is spot on
            In just under three world championship years with Ricky Hatton, Graham achieved more in boxing and life than you guys ever will. His achievements in boxing stretch further back and are marked by belts on a mantlepiece, rather than a few forum posts.

Graham also took his fighter in a huge fight with Floyd, so he's seen him close up and is in a better position than you guys to give an informed opinion.

He also had a professional boxing career in which he didn't earn huge figures and then spent years toiling as a trainer before hitting it big. It is called graft and sacrifice.

Now he can sit in Georgia giving out his thoughts on fights to a big audience. Throw in the fact that his analysis was clear, insightful and well delivered, and there's little need to try to piss on it simply because you're a piddling forum member and that's all you have to give.

Click, read and thank him for giving up his time to give Boxingscene readers an insight from somone who's achievements in boxing amount to more than a regional top score on Fight Night Champion.

Comment

2 million percent agree with this.

Comment

For those who think I'm being a hater simply for ****s and giggles, I'm not. I would rather hear from other people than Graham, who has no relation to this fight whatsoever. I don't personally think that getting Ricky Hatton in shape for a fight constitutes being a good trainer. Nor does simply wearing a body bag. Imparting wisdom is what make a good trainer, and from the way Hatton fought it was obvious there was precious little of that instilled in him.

As to "this article is insightful", I don't think it takes a genius to point out that Tommy Hearns had good boxing ability and could punch a bit.

Why comment at all, then? Because it's in boxingscene's interest to post articles that people actually like and/or are interested in; this is a business, not a fan's blog. If someone doesn't point that out, they won't know that something else would be more appreciated

And I don't play Fight Night Champion. I prefer chess or poker.

Comment

For those who think I'm being a hater simply for ****s and giggles, I'm not. I would rather hear from other people than Graham, who has no relation to this fight whatsoever. I don't personally think that getting Ricky Hatton in shape for a fight constitutes being a good trainer. Nor does simply wearing a body bag. Imparting wisdom is what make a good trainer, and from the way Hatton fought it was obvious there was precious little of that instilled in him.

As to "this article is insightful", I don't think it takes a genius to point out that Tommy Hearns had good boxing ability and could punch a bit.

Why comment at all, then? Because it's in boxingscene's interest to post articles that people actually like and/or are interested in; this is a business, not a fan's blog. If someone doesn't point that out, they won't know that something else would be more appreciated

And I don't play Fight Night Champion. I prefer chess or poker.
                  People have enjoyed this article and sent through messages stating this. This is generally the case when Graham previews a Floyd fight because, in the main, people are aware that he spent time with Mayweather during press tours, pressers etc. and saw the on camera and off camera Floyd as well as preparing a fighter to fight him.

If you want to hear from someone else then click on links, but claiming that you don't want to hear from Graham then helping keep this thread active, and therefore exposing more peepers to it, hardly marks you out as a man of reasoning and insight.

More people liked this article than disliked it, and those who disagree can at least recognise that it contains the opinions of a man who has worked in the sport in an official capacity and at a high level, so they give him the respect that is due and move on.

The guys who have made negative comments couldn't even manage to put capital letters at the start of their usernames -- well, apart from the guy who couldn't figure out how to work his caps lock. That pretty much sums it up.
                  Last edited by Neckodeemus; 05-05-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Anyho', enjoy the fight, chaps. Thanks for the social interactions and while we're all posting on forums the man himself is hosting a pre-fight BBQ on his Georgie estate with local boxing people so I wouldn't feel too bad for him.

I hope you're picks pan out, which they will do as long as you went big on Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X