No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams' Promoter on The Lara Decision, HBO Crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams' Promoter on The Lara Decision, HBO Crew

The promoter of southaw three-time titlist Paul Williams called BoxingScene.com on Monday to share his thoughts on Saturday night's controversial junior middleweight majority decision victory by Williams over previously unbeaten southpaw rival Erislandy Lara at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

[Click Here To Read More]

Shock horror: promoter thinks his fighter won. Must be true then. Controversy over.

Comment

ok Goosen, i'll wait until when of your fighters loses in the same situation and see what you have to say about it.

WILLIAMS LOST! LARA WAS ROBBED!!!

Comment

Who will side with their boxer?

Obviously, Goosen will side with Williams. End of story.

Comment

This isn't shocking to hear and I bet Don King felt Holyfield-Lewis was a draw also and Tito beat Oscar.

Comment

Although Goosen makes a lot of great points, and does actually makes sense with how your scorecard would be effected if you're alone sometimes.

I just think that in this fight, 1 judge could have been in the Moon, the other one in Mars, and the other one in Pluto, watching the fight on TV without commentary, and they would be blind to not see Lara won at least 9 rounds.

Comment

Cool story, Goose....

Comment

i didn't know that when you went to a live fight they played the hbo commentary over the P.A. ...no wonder that whole arena was booing. HBO RID US OF YOUR MIND CONTROLLLL!

Comment

I'm curious as to how much he paid the judges. Did he shortchange the one who scored it a draw I wonder?

Comment

2 of the 3 Judges scored the 12th round a draw out of shame.

Comment

Working...
                    X