Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Abril-Gavin Rees Agreement Reached For The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Abril-Gavin Rees Agreement Reached For The Fall

BoxingScene has been advised that an agreement has been reached for WBA lightweight champion Richard Abril (17-3-1) to face British lightweight champion Gavin Rees (37-1-1) in the UK. According to Abril the fight will take place either in late September or October.

"We have agreed to fight Rees. The fight will take place in late September or in early October. It depends on what date the British TV gives us," Abril told BoxingScene.com

[Click Here To Read More]

In the UK? This boy getting robbed again.

Comment

Should be an easy win for Abril. Not to take anything away from Rees, he's a decent fighter, he's tough, has a lot of heart but Abril is simply on another level, and showed that he is legitimate world class when he beat Rios. Yes, I said BEAT Rios, because that's what he did, that was literally the worst robbery I've EVER seen. Hopefully, Abril doesn't get robbed over in the UK either.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if he stops Rees, due to the fact Abril hits harder then advertised, and Rees not only has a bit of a suspect chin, but very poor defense. Decent fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Should be an easy win for Abril. Not to take anything away from Rees, he's a decent fighter, he's tough, has a lot of heart but Abril is simply on another level, and showed that he is legitimate world class when he beat Rios. Yes, I said BEAT Rios, because that's what he did, that was literally the worst robbery I've EVER seen. Hopefully, Abril doesn't get robbed over in the UK either.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if he stops Rees, due to the fact Abril hits harder then advertised, and Rees not only has a bit of a suspect chin, but very poor defense. Decent fight though.
        And he better do so, T. This guy Abril is too good a kid and too good a boxer to keep getting shafted in this sport. I'd hate to see another travesty.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          And he better do so, T. This guy Abril is too good a kid and too good a boxer to keep getting shafted in this sport. I'd hate to see another travesty.
          Yup that last one was pretty bad. I think he deservea a better fight.

I feel bad for cuban fighters they get robbed and have no fan base and can never get tge fights they deserve

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
            Yup that last one was pretty bad. I think he deservea a better fight.

I feel bad for cuban fighters they get robbed and have no fan base and can never get tge fights they deserve
            It sucks, but the day will come. Things take time.

Comment

Abril is a beast, was just thinking about what he was gonna be doing next

Comment

Nice to see Abril getting a good fight. He deserve.

Comment

Well Abril holds the title for the most fights robbed from him. So I expect another robbery.

Comment

All those talking about robberies are clueless.

I expect Abril to stop him near the middle rounds after a good performance. Hopefully the undercard features some good fights too.

Comment

Working...
                    X