Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight RJJ against current heavies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Byrd is naturally more or less the same size as Roy, and had a decent amount of success against a better field of heavys a few years ago. He isn't a fraction of the boxer or athlete that Roy was.

Roy would have a field day with this group of contenders, as well as the champ, and score a few KO's along the way.

He would clean the division out

Then collect his schillings

YAW MUSTA FO'GOT!!!!
    Last edited by ArtThouFurious?; 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      Some answers in this thread prove just how much boxing fans can delude themselves into raising up the older boxers on a pedestal. The new guys are all a bunch of nobodies but an old fat and slow Roy Jones would make a good heavyweight? Get real.
      Roy was a fat and slow heavyweight?

Comment

The bigger guys who hit really hard will beat him. But I think he'd be one of the 5 best, and he'd give Wlad or Vitali harder fights for as long as they lasted than 90% of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
          Roy is not a heavyweight and never was,he picked the perfect slow plodding Ruiz to snatch a title from and wisely went back down in weight.
          That same slow plodding Ruiz spent a solid decade beating a lot of heavyweights. In a bad heavyweight era, he was one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            I dono man, his speed and his amazing reflexes and skills woulda gotten him pretty far I think. its RJJ we're talking about here. he made ruiz looks foolish. now granted john ruiz is likely the top 3 worst heavyweights / fighters in the history of humanity, roy went up there and dismantled him, and he was a supposed "champion"

i tihnk RJJ coulda beat alot of heavies if he chose to stay there and stayed healthy...
            Agree, it was going down to 175 again that really tore him apart. Aged him overnight IMO. Having said that, the options weren't good for Jones in 2003, Tyson (even an old Tyson) or Lewis...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Agree, it was going down to 175 again that really tore him apart. Aged him overnight IMO. Having said that, the options weren't good for Jones in 2003, Tyson (even an old Tyson) or Lewis...
              True, but I feel moving back down to 175 and winning back the title is a huge accomplishment in itself

Comment

Anyone who thinks he beats Wlad is out of their mind. Haye would be an extremely hard fight for him with that power, one of the hardest-hitting cruiserweights ever.

Comment

Against today's Wlad he would stand no chance. A few years ago before Wlad properly shored up his defence... Maybe he might have a shot. Similar with Vitali. Definitely couldn't beat him at his peak, but might have a small chance of dancing around current Vitali. I'm just saying maybe, I'd still make outside-prime K2 favourites.

Haye would destroy him. Just too fast and powerful.

Comment

He doesn't bring real heavyweight weight to the division, its manufactored weight. He has very little power against the bigger men and at his best he's 180 tops and still his power can't stop the bigger men. He's not Dempsey or Marciano who have bigger punches at 185 to 191 than the 235+ men have so Roys at a huge disadvantage!
                    Take any of these current heavies and bring them down to 6'1" at 180 and Roy destroys them, the fantasy stuff gets pretty silly at times. Atleat keep them in their best divison!! Ray

Comment

How anyone could even contemplate the idea of him beating Wlad or Vitali is astonishing, Ruiz always was trash so thats no indicator of anything.

I would favor Haye now to easily ko the 2003 version of Roy in 4, it would just take 1 solid shot as some have already said he was never a real HW which is why he didn't fight Lennox.

Comment

Working...
                      X