Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Chris John really beat JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquez turned down an immediate rematch w/ pacquiao so he can travel half-way around the globe and get a home cooking loss worth $75,000

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
      marquez turned down an immediate rematch w/ pacquiao so he can travel half-way around the globe and get a home cooking loss worth $75,000
      Actually it's 30,000.

Comment

Where did you guys watch the fight? I don't see it on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by piggy'sSqueal View Post
          chris john > jmm > pacq
          I totally agree.

Comment

John won plain and simple, no robbery or hometown cooking, I watch the fight after so many thread like this one and I can honesty say it wasn't a robbery at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
              Where did you guys watch the fight? I don't see it on YouTube.
              I watch it on dailymotion.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                Did you guys actually watch the fight or just assuming? I watched the fight and it was close and competitive. I had it a draw with the point deductions, even though they were shady. Marquez should have won it if the ref would have been fair.
                It was a competitive fight, much more so than the talk would have you believe. The point deductions were blatant home town cooking though. I don't feel any of them were warranted.

It was kind of a Sven Ottke situation. He was good enough to be competitive, and the referee took care of him and made sure it was a win.

I mean Marquez was told to keep them up basically every time he touched the body. It was very clear that the ref didn't want Marquez to slow down John, and its no coincidence that the deductions came when Marquez was coming on strong.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  Weren't there multiple deduction cuz jmm kept hitting John below the waist? Been a while since I saw it but from what I remember John threw calzaghe like mosquito punch flurries and the crowd went wild. Meanwhile jmm worked the body
                  There were 2 deductions in 2 late rounds. Marquez was fouling very often and seeming deliberately when he knew he was losing. He was very grouchy at that particular time as he had previously refused $750,000 to rematch MannyP claiming that he wanted $1.5 mill.
                  $750,000 was more than his total purses up to that date. And he was now fighting John for $32,500............. It was the only fight he could get, there were write-ups about it.

Even without the deductions John had a clear unanimous decision. He's a very good boxer although much ignored because he keeps fighting in Indonesia, Japan and Australia. But he had 2 fights against Rocky Juarez, I remember one was in Las Vegas, the other somewhere else in America.

Anyway, I later also saw a report by a well known American boxing reporter who specially attended at ringside, and he said that, "contrary to the claims by Marquez, he was well beaten".

At that time, it must be said, and maybe some real boxing followers will recall, Maruez habitually claimed that he always got bad decisions againt him, and that he regarded himsefl as being "unbeaten". i think he still very grudgingly will admit-maybe- that the other guy did well.

Comment

Juan won clearly. Dont fight that far away from home unless you expect to knock the guy out.

Comment

I had Marquez winning about 8-2-2. Both rounds he lost points I thought he won. It was closer and competitive. Not worth watching more than once or twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X