Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Jirov the most exciting Eastern European fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    He's pretty boring when you compare him to truly exciting fighters. That's no knock on him, only the truth.
    NO, you'd never "knock" the Klitschkos, heaven forbid.

I guess this is the "truth" in your obsessive, twisted, Klitschko-hating mind, sure.

But then, life hasn't been too good since high school, has it #52?

So looking at those damn foreigners taking over your sport and knowing they are superior to all your Amerikan boxing heroes just adds insult to injury.

Devoting your life, such as it is, to knocking them, is the only thing you have left.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
      NO, you'd never "knock" the Klitschkos, heaven forbid.

I guess this is the "truth" in your obsessive, twisted, Klitschko-hating mind, sure.

But then, life hasn't been too good since high school, has it #52?

So looking at those damn foreigners taking over your sport and knowing they are superior to all your Amerikan boxing heroes just adds insult to injury.

Devoting your life, such as it is, to knocking them, is the only thing you have left.
      Who do you think is a more exciting EE than Jirov And why?

Comment

I seriously doubt he knows who Jirov is. Probably just another idiot Klit fan like freedom who didn't even know who Jesus Chavez was.

If you count them as having it their blood but not straight birth then I gotta go with Michael Katsidis who is Greek austrailian. That man always came forward and always brought a freakin war! one of my all time favorites

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          I seriously doubt he knows who Jirov is. Probably just another idiot Klit fan like freedom who didn't even know who Jesus Chavez was.

If you count them as having it their blood but not straight birth then I gotta go with Michael Katsidis who is Greek austrailian. That man always came forward and always brought a freakin war! one of my all time favorites

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I was going for fighters who were born in Eastern Europe. Katsidis being of Greek origin would preclude him as Greece isn't part of eastern Europe as fas as I understand. If it were Katsidis would be near the top for excitement.

Comment

I thought Jirov was very exciting. Perhaps not having a good defence helped, but his aggression and body punching made some great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Don't let the avi fool you. Vits is ok as far as heavyweights today go. In general though they are boring because they seldom go to the body and clinch to much.

Kostya Tszyu is right up there for excitement. And though his career was cut short because of disease, Zeljko Mavrovic was exciting as hell in his loss to Lennox Lewis. He took a beating but just kept coming. I love that kind of heart.
              Gotta agree. As a boxing fan although the skills brought me to the sport its the heart that makes me stay.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
                I thought Jirov was very exciting. Perhaps not having a good defence helped, but his aggression and body punching made some great fights.
                Yeah Jirov's was definitely there to be hit and that was no doubt part of the appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                  Gotta agree. As a boxing fan although the skills brought me to the sport its the heart that makes me stay.
                  I appreciate the skills but its always been about the heart for me. There is just something about warriors who fight through anything and never give up. Almost all my favorite fighters were either flawed or great punchers. Nothing says excitement like perseverance or one punch power.

Comment

Poll has been added!

Comment

Among retired fighters Jirov probably was the most exciting. Other boxers who deserve mention

Orzubek Nazarov
                      Yuri Arbachakov
                      Kostya Tszyu
                      Andrzej Golota
                      Dariuz Michalczewski
                      Vadim Tokarev
                      Aleksandr Zolkin
                      Vitali Tsypko
                      Roman Karmazin
                      Vic Darchinyan
                      Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 02-15-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X