No announcement yet.

I just booked a mini-vacation to Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Yes, I went to the Desert Wildlife Refuge on Sunday, and to a park between Henderson and the Hoover Dam on Monday. I'd like to return sometime for a longer stay so I can spend more time exploring those places.
    Yeah. There's never big boxing events in these states, but if you ever make it to the 4Corners states, AZ/CO/UT/NM....check out Petfrified Forest, Monument Valley, Canyon De Chelly, Canyonlands, Arches, Colorado National Monument, Mesa Verde, Great Sand Dunes, Chaco Canyon, White Sands. The Southwest is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      I just got back to Vancouver early this morning.

The weather in Las Vegas was disappointing, it was raining when I arrived on Friday night and on Saturday morning. I was surprised to see parts of the sidewalks on Las Vegas Boulevard flooded by noon on Saturday.

But the boxing event was very good. I watched the entire ten-fight card from 2:30 PM until Matthysse KOed Dallas about 9 PM. There were a lot of familiar faces at ringside, such as Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Alfredo Angulo, Ahmed Oner, David Haye, Adam Booth, George Groves, Joe Cortez, Al Bernstein, Paulie Malignaggi, Yuriokis Gamboa, and Oscar de la Hoya.

I especially enjoyed the Soto-Karass vs. Aydin fight.
      Good stuff. Did you feel it was kinda special to be in Vegas and watch boxing?

One of the things i'd like to do in my life is to go to either Vegas or MSG and watch a major fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Good stuff. Did you feel it was kinda special to be in Vegas and watch boxing?

One of the things i'd like to do in my life is to go to either Vegas or MSG and watch a major fight.
        It was definitely special, because you feel so close to the sport.

I've been to major boxing events before in Las Vegas and elsewhere, but never ringside (except for our local Vancouver pro fights). It's worth every cent to pay more and get the best possible seats.

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        did u talk to david haye?

I'm curious how that conversation went!
        No, I wasn't interested in meeting David Haye or his boyfriend Adam Booth.

But I did talk to Ahmet Oner who was surprisingly approachable. I met Al Bernstein who is very friendly. I could have talked to Paulie Malignaggi, but I've never been a fan of his so I really didn't want to.

Kenny Bayliss is quite a character and is very outgoing - he spent half the day talking and carrying on with people in the crowd. Jimmy Lennon Jr is a nice guy - he had several photos taken with fans, as did Shane Mosley and Alfredo Angulo.

Comment

Working...
        X